Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » Economic Downturn - Best Time To Start Business
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Economic Downturn - Best Time To Start Business

Why would anyone want to start a business during economic times like we are currently experiencing

? The author lists seven very practical reasons and adds his own voice of experience from the 1982 recession.

Here are a few of the startup companies that began their business trek during steep declines in the U.S. economy: GE - the panic of 1873; Walt Disney began his venture during the recession of 1923-24; HP was formed during the Great Depression; and, Microsoft was born during the recession of 1975.

Below I've listed seven reasons that these times are good for a startup business and you can probably add more. But first, consider what holds many back from trying something new.

Fear and Uncertainty Often Get in the Way of us Forging Ahead

Horatio Alger claimed in the 1800's that anyone willing to work hard could succeed. Today, the picture is no different. However, you may work very, hard and not get ahead. If you live from paycheck to paycheck and worry constantly about how you will meet your financial obligations, you're living in a world of stress.

It may be that you think about the idea of a major attack by terrorists. Maybe you're fearful of an unstable job market where mass layoffs and outsourcing threaten your livelihood. The future is replete with uncertainty about any number of financial matters. But let's never forget that line by FDR: "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

These sorts of fears, are actually the very reasons to consider starting an internet based business. For me, I recognized that doing things the same old way would not allow me to fulfill my dreams. If you are a home business opportunity seeker, the current economic circumstances offer you a very unique and timely chance to change your life! In my case I began about two years ago in order to avoid the economic disaster I saw coming from my experience in the field of financial advisory work I did.

Online businesses have spiked up exponentially over the past few years and will continue throughout the current downtrend and beyond - this is a whole new way of doing business and will only become more popular as time goes on. So if you see yourself as an online home business opportunity seeker you are online at a very opportunistic time.

A Mild Recession in 1982 - Expanding the Market Base

During the 80-'83 recession when interest rates skyrocketed to over 20% my drapery company had just opened a new market about 140 miles south of our primary location. We did this in line with reason number one listed below - to increase our market share in an entirely new territory as business in the local market had slowed down.

In the offline world we do this regularly - expanding the reach of our existing business in order to open a new market or territory. It was simply the very best time to start a new operation with new fresh ideas and a young fellow that was determined to make it all work. (The young man that opened and maintained that location has now retired from the business that earned him millions over the years.)

Seven Reasons to Start an Online Business Now

1-The number one reason is that you need to expand your base of potential customers during a recessionary time in order to draw from a larger pool and the very best way to do so today is by establishing yourself as part of the global market.

2-Learn from history which records the greatest companies started or expanded during times like these.

3-As a new business owner, whether experienced or not, you are more cautious about spending, hiring, and purchasing so you make better long-term decisions.

4-By starting now you will be positioned and well prepared for the next growth spurt.

5-You can start for so little money it almost makes it a no brainer.

You probably already have the only equipment you'll needa computer and a telephone. This is really just about all that you need! Now, of course, you need the information that has transformed so many people's lives regarding how and what to do. But this is a learning curve like with any business at any time.

You have many online home business ideas to consider but as long as you are determined, teachable, diligent and committed you will make it work.

6-You may still have an income right now from your current job

To add to the stress of many, are stories of layoffs by major corporations that are announced every month. As early as 2006, 1,500,000 workers were pink-slipped in mass layoffs ("mass" meaning more than 50 employees at a time) and it has become much worse now in 2009. Companies are reorganizing, outsourcing or selling out to other companies. Many other once thriving companies have already filed for bankruptcy. So, if you are still working then now is the absolute ideal time to learn, invest and grow with an existing income while building your new online internet based business.

7-You may still have some retirement funds left

What better way to invest your money than to invest in yourself especially during a time when the overall markets will do little for the growth of your money. I recently wrote an article entitled Is Buy and Hold Dead? In that article I quoted a statistic generated by Bianco Financial.com stating that had you placed your money in t-bills the first time the Dow moved above 10,000 back in1999, you would have more than the person who has remained in stocks and mutual funds. It isn't going to be getting any better for another few years as we have really only just begun the down turn of an economy that has been sustained only by fumes for a number of years.

Add to this short list, the personal reasons that you've always wanted to start a business and then consider your options. I think you will find as I did over two years ago that an internet based business is one of the very best options available for starting a new phase of life.

by: Jack Funderburk
How To Check Arrest Records Online To Access Peoples Arrest History Landing Page Design For Better Results Law Firm Advertising For Lawyer Online Marketing For Lawyers Dressing Up for the Celebrations in Costumes and Accessories Available Online Where Can I Access Marriage Records For Free Online To Lookup Peoples History A Legitimate Way To Earn Money Online Discover The Modern Methods Of Getting Backlinks To Your Website Efficiently Branding Yourself Online - The Real Scoop - Don't Worry, It's Painless Herbalinea Herbalife Online Store Review Online Coupon Codes Online Sentence Structure Checker - You Better See This ! How to Buy Organic Gardening Books Online
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.149.214.32) / Processed in 0.015159 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 48 , 6144, 973,