Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Does infertility have a cure?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Does infertility have a cure?

Does infertility always work?

Lets be honest, when you've been trying for a child for a while you get kind of desperate. It's all you think about and talk about. You'll do anything to achieve it and to hell with the side effects. However what if you put yourself though a horrendous treatment and the chances of it being successful are actually really really low?

Having tried to get pregnant for the last two years, my husband and me are like many desperate for a cure to our infertility. We both work in the NHS and are clinically trained so when we started to experience difficulties we turned up at our doctors and naively though the whole problem will just get 'fixed' and it'll all be fine. Having gone through the NHS system for a year we are now at the point where we have had the diagnostics and are awaiting the results. As it took so long to get to this stage we haven't really thought about the next steps and it was only when my friend who had similar problems and been through the system asked me whether I was psychologically ready to go through IUI or IVF that I started to panic a little. What did these acronyms really mean? What are the chances of them leading to a successful pregnancy? They will 'cure' my infertility won't they?

The questions got me thinking so I started researching what my options are and being part of the NHS I managed to get some insider knowledge as to what is available where. The way I see it there are three options going forward:

IntraUterine Insemination (IUI) which involves injecting cleaned sperm into the uterus when the woman is ovulating. Sounds simple but there's a few things that your not often told, the sperm has to get to the hospital within an hour of ejaculation to be cleaned. The female partner has to ovulate for the sperm to be injected. To increase the chances of a successful pregnancy, it is important that the female hormones are at the correct levels and to achieve this the woman often has to inject themselves with things like clomids, which have horrendous side effects. Success rates for a successful pregnancy vary from under 6% to around 26% per cycle. Success rate is highly dependent on follicles produced by the female and sperm count the higher it is the better chance of a pregnancy. Risks include hypo stimulation if ovulation-inducing medications are used. Availability: in 2011 as part of the NHS depending on where you live you can be offered between three and six cycles of IUI. If you donot have a live birth following this then you are offered IVF in most cases.

In Vitro Fertilization (IVF). Preparation for this procedure begins in the cycle before you have the procedure as you may be asked to refrain from baby making sex and if you have a history of having difficulties getting your periods then you may have to start self-injecting hormone injections at this point. Once your periods start the injections begin for ovarian stimulation, this can be up to four injections a day! When the eggs are developed they are then retrieved from the female and fertilised using the males sperm before being placed back into the females uterus. Success rates for live births can be up to 30.5% in those under 35, decreasing to 6.2%for those aged 43. Risks include over stimulating the ovaries and eggs may be over or under mature, the procedure itself is also very stressful. Availability: depending on where you live you will be offered between one and three cycles of IVF. Unfortunately if you do not achieve a live birth then that is it, there is nothing else available on the NHS.

A holistic approach to getting pregnant using Traditional Chinese Medicines. This is not a new way to getting pregnant this has been around for thousand of years. The focus on this approach is around getting both partners to optimum health via herbal supplements, acupuncture, acupressure etc. Programmes have to last over three months as it takes this length of time for new sperm to be generated or egg health to be improved. Success rates for live births have been shown to be around 77%. Risks include the studies around pregnancy due to traditional Chinese medicines being limited. Availability: this is not available on the NHS however associated costs are relatively low in comparison the IVF and IUI.My friend and some Chinese herbal practitioners in my city that I went to see recommended the following book. Looks good so have ordered it and will let you know how I get on.

Having reviewed the options I was astounded as to the improved probability of a successful pregnancy using Holistic medicines in comparison to what is available via the NHS. My plan is to go ahead with what is offered on the NHS whilst undertaking the Traditional Chinese Medicine route, after all I've been waiting for something to happen on the NHS for so long that it can't hurt.

Follow my journey to get pregnant and exploring methods available on my blog: http://fertilityfertilityfertility.blogspot.com/
Protect Your Brand Trademark With Innovative Online Fraud Detection Solutions Wedding Planning - A Smart Move To Blast Your Special Day A Guiding To Choosing Your Wedding Dj Getting The Best Special Wedding Gifts Different Women's Fashion Styles Five Principles Protect Investors from Bad Financial Advisors Mobile Recharge Api: Best Solution For Online Mobile Recharges Get By Until Your Next Payday How to Get Women to Notice You - 3 Must Know Secrets of Attracting Female Attention SDT 2010 Insurance Conference a 'Huge Success' Find Out How to Trade Currency Exchange Fall Is A Great Time To Invite People To Join Your Home Business Want More Time? Start A Home Business
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.225.31.159) Ljubljana / Ljubljana Processed in 0.014763 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 5158, 975,
Does infertility have a cure? Ljubljana