Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Do You Really Have an "Inner Child?" - The Little Prince Series
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Do You Really Have an "Inner Child?" - The Little Prince Series

"It's really quite shocking now that I see it. Here I am, a grown woman, behaving like a lost little child."

"The way you phrased what you just said is important," I responded. "You've beenacting as though you were a child. But you're not a child."

"No, I'm a mother with three children of my own. But I do have a woundedinner child. At least, that's what I've read."

"That's certainly what some would tell you. They'd encourage you to take care of this little child that's been so wounded."

"You're suggesting Idon't have a wounded inner child?'"

"What I'm suggesting is thatbelieving you have a wounded inner child' feeds an infantile approach to life that doesn't help you grow up. The wounded child idea is popular with people who want to stay infants emotionally."

Millions have learned from self-help books, seminars, or counselors that the problems they experience in relationships stem from childhood. This is true, and it ought to be a reason to complete the work of growing up. Instead it tends to trap us in infantile behavior.

That we were wounded in childhood is indisputable. Life inflicts pain, and for some the suffering is horrendous. To acknowledge you've been hurt in the past is appropriate. It becomes a reason tolive your life differently today.

But to turn past hurt into anidentity isn't at all helpful. You trap yourself ina past you can't change instead of living ina present you can.

"So the wounded inner child isn't real?"

"There's no such thing as a wounded inner child, except in your thoughts," I confirmed. "The wounded child is a mirage. It's just a concept that allows you to hold onto infantile feelings. The inner child' who is insecure and timid is a figment of your imagination.She's no more real than a child's imaginary friend."

I let this sink in. Then I added, "But the beautiful childlike essence you were born as, which has never been allowed to emerge, longs to burst into being."

What the story of the Little Prince calls us to isn't to coddle a supposed "wounded inner child," but to become the authentic person we were in essence when we were a child.

Not achildish version of our original self, but a grown version.

To begin to enjoy life, play in life, be filled with wonder again as we once were as a child isn't to coddle a childish part of ourselves. It's to recognize that adulthood for most of us is a betrayal of our essence, then to rediscover our essencethe person we were when we were born and in our very earliest yearsand be a playful, wonder-filledadult.

The problem with most grownup behavior is that it'schildish. We act like brats, throwing tantrums, withdrawing from each other, giving up on what matters to us, instead of being fully alive adults who retain the authenticity of a child.

We don't need more childishness in the world. We need adults who retain their essence, the essence that manifested when they were a child.

This is such an important point to get clear, we'll return to it tomorrow.
Life insurance for a child? Things you should know Children Need P90x Workout Summer Fun with Boy Shorts Swimwear Art lessons for children greatly enhances your childrens creative abilities Horseback Riding For Children - How Quickly Will They Learn? Thermal Underwear for your child's protection Choosing The Best Tutor For Your Child How to Introduce Santa Claus to Children Promotional Items and Children Potty training tips to make your child life celebrations Find The Best Kids Cake Decorating Tips Chu Shu, Inc, Gives 'Silver Linings' To Hollywood Rally For Kids With Cancer Charity Event Restaurant Survival 4 Kids
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.147.46.58) California / Mountain View Processed in 0.013271 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 36 , 3353, 956,
Do You Really Have an "Inner Child?" - The Little Prince Series Mountain View