Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Do You Feel Alone And Lonely--because You Have An Autistic Child?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Do You Feel Alone And Lonely--because You Have An Autistic Child?

One of the major problems facing parent(s), caregiver(s)

, today with autistic children is loneliness and feeling alone. This has been my experience, as I see more and more families who have autistic children. They are requesting help and guidance on how to handle loneliness in their lives, due to the fact that they have an autistic child.

I have learned, when people experience painful losses in their lives, it is sad to realize that many never get over them. Sometimes when you receive unexpected news such as, your child is autistic, it hurts, it is unbearable. Without proper help or insight into the issue, there can be a sense of loneliness that will be created. It becomes heavy and does not want to go away or disappear. Sometimes the loneliness appears to get darker as time goes by.

When you have a child with autism, loneliness sets in and you may not know the cause or why it does. You become numb, and discouraged. You want to quit and give up. You do not have to live with loneliness, because your child has the disorder of autism. You can confront it and make positive changes.

Having the feeling of being alone and lonely, sets in motion an inner ache, emptiness, numbness, or a craving of wanting attention and affection. There can be side effects from feeling alone and lonely. For example: These feelings can become emptiness, uselessness, or you feel you have no purpose in life and they can lead to depression.

You may be a single parent or caregiver, raising your child with autism on your own. You may feel desolate, rejected, deserted, because there is lack of companionship to help you with your child who has autism.

I have learned through my experiences, that there is a difference of being alone raising a child, but is does not mean you must be lonely in the process.

It may not always be possible to avoid being alone, especially if you feel you are alone with an autistic child, due to the fact, that many people do not understand what you or your child are going through or you are a single parent or caregiver.

The pain from loneliness may be felt for a long time, it is like a healing wound. To make change for recovery requires improvement on a daily level. You must be aware of your loneliness, but you do not have to feel alone.

Remember, there is a new life with your autistic child, that can bring you joy. There will always be challenges, in your life, but it is not over. Another new life will begin and grow with your child who has autism.

I would recommend that you do not sit and wait for something to happen or someone to come along and rescue you. Take action, go make new friends, search for other people who feel lonely as you do because they have a child with the disorder of autism. Learn to make friends with new people that are on common ground with you, concerning your loneliness.

Let your loneliness you feel, turn into compassion for other lonely people who are going through a similar dilemma. Take action, open new doors that lead to healthy changes. Loneliness does not have to become a lonely life, because your child has the disorder of autism. Do something about it. Life is a banquet.

by: Bonita Darula
The Leapfrog Phonics Writing Desk Helps Your Children Learn Reading Hair Curling In Kids Top 3 Iphone Applications Your Kids Will Be Crazy For Fall Out Boy Albums - Punks Got Away With Platinum Hotel Villa Padierna, Marbellas Paddys Club: Where Kids Are Vips Snowshoes For Kids - What Is Important To Know? Parents Feel 10 Years Younger Once Kids Fly The Nest For University Controlling Asthma in the Children Small Children Living With Your Model Train Loft Beds Usually Are Wonderful For Children A Look At Chewable Probiotics For Kids And Some Other Things You Can Choose From Traveling With Children? Maps Make Inexpensive Fun The Advantages of Using Natural Young Children's Outfit
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.115.195) / Processed in 0.012996 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 3298, 956,