Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Do Medifast Meals Contain Soy? If So, Which Ones And How Much Soy Does It Contain?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Do Medifast Meals Contain Soy? If So, Which Ones And How Much Soy Does It Contain?

Do Medifast Meals Contain Soy? If So, Which Ones And How Much Soy Does It Contain?

Do Medifast Meals Contain Soy? If So, Which Ones And How Much Soy Does It Contain

?

I get a lot of questions about the ingredients or contents in Medifast meals. People are commonly concerned about gluten (many of the meals are gluten free.) But lately, I've been getting a lot of questions about the soy content. Yes, some of the Medifast foods do contain soy. In the following article, I will discuss which of the meals contain this ingredient, as well as tell you my theory on why the company uses it, and whether or not it effects the taste of the products.

Many of the diet's meals (including the shakes) are soy based rather than milk based. I have no inside knowledge of why the company does what it does, but I suspect that they avoided milk because it's high in carbohydrates and sugars. Soy is high in protein and low in sugar and fat. Plus, the health benefits of it are pretty well documented.

Most of the products which would other wise contain milk contain soy instead. This includes most of the shakes (the 55, 70, ready to drink, and specialty shakes,) the bars (both maintenance and crunch,) the soups, the oatmeals, the puddings, the brownie, the pretzel sticks, and the cheese puffs.

As you can see, this ingredient is included in many of the foods. So, you're probably wondering if this ingredient makes the food taste odd. I had this concern myself. Honestly, the only soy that I'd ever consumed prior to this was tofu. And while I didn't find it bad (since it doesn't really taste like anything,) I just could not imagine it as an ingredient in sweet foods like the shakes and bars.

Frankly, I can not tell any difference between the soy products as they are now and how I suspect they might taste if they contained milk. The shakes are not as overly sweet as say slim fast shakes, but I actually prefer this. I've always felt that this artificial sweetness was meant to counteract the odd taste and that's not the case here. (Plus, shakes that are milk based often have way too much sugars, fats and carbs to be effective, at least in my experience.) I worried that the pudding would not be creamy but that isn't the case either. These products mostly taste better than I've experienced from their milk containing diet counterparts.

And really, one of the reasons that Medifast is effective for many people is that it puts your body in ketosis where it's burning fat. This is not going to happen if you are consuming too many sugars and carbs and not enough protein. All of the meals more than meet this criteria and I suspect that avoiding milk in the products helps to accomplish this. One benefit that I've viewed from this (from what I can tell from lurking in weight loss forums) is that many people with lactose intolerance or digestive problems find that the Medifast meals agree very much with them. I've never had any problems with dairy, but even I know that it's generally high in sugars.

Want more information to help you evaluate this diet? Lindsey's Medifast Review Website features recipes, a list of all of the foods, videos, tips, coupons ($50 off or two weeks free), information and products related to success on this diet. She also offers a free ebook ("Getting The Most Out Of Medifast") to help you get started. You can visit her at http://easiest-diet.com/.
Ecommerce Solutions That Help You To Boost Your Online Trade How Handyman Insurance Can Cover Your Back Weight Loss Pills For Women by:Elbert Buck Where To Watch Get Smart Online Hair Styles - Cutting Your Hair Smile for the Dentist Property And Land Investing Hotspot: Tocantins, Brazil Wholesale Suppliers Directory - Provide Great Options Online Free People Search - Solution to Get in Touch With Your Lost Ones Watch Gossip Girl Season 4 Episode 8 How to buy online glasses Find Your Soul Mate With Chat Norge Online Bad Debt Loans- Accomplish Your Needs Without Distressing About Your Unpaid Debts
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.190.219.65) Sao Paulo / Pirapozinho Processed in 0.012555 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 3462, 975,
Do Medifast Meals Contain Soy? If So, Which Ones And How Much Soy Does It Contain? Pirapozinho