Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Discipline - How To Discipline Your Messy Child
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Discipline - How To Discipline Your Messy Child

Discipline - How To Discipline Your Messy Child

Let's face it, keeping up with a household

, job and family can challenge even the most organized of individuals. If you're like most parents one of the most challenging decisions is how to discipline your messy child.

Several studies support the notion that old-fashioned methods of discipline, such as spanking, can unintentionally instill a sense of physical violence in children related to emotional distress.

Others believe the conventional 'time-out' methods are lacking needed emphasis and therefore ineffective. If you are uncertain or disagree about your methods of discipline, here are a few creative ideas to try.

Messiness. Set a daily routine for your child. Set a timer for 10 minutes,and let them know that anything left on the floor or unorganized will be collected in a sac and donated to charity. The child may earn Discipline - How To Discipline Your Messy Child

their toy back at the end of the week by performing designated chores. For older children who receive a modest allowance, give them the opportunity to buy back their toys at the end of the week. This is brilliant in that the child needs to buy back a toy which he already owned and loses his allowance which hinders his purchasing power in the future for new toys that he may want to buy. For the parent, it may be difficult to donate an expensive toy to a charity, but keep in mind that it will likely be given to a much more appreciative child.

Part of my children's evening chore list includes putting away personal belongings. Choose a convenient time. I find it too hectic with the morning schedule to tackle clean up and instead leave it to early evening. At the end of the week, the children have the option of buying it back for 50 cents per item or leaving it there for me to donate to a charity.

For more expensive toys, including video games, electronics, sports equipment, the next time a child does not put it away when asked, put it away for him. When he asks, tell him that he'll simply have to search for it. You will find that he will learn that it's a lot more trouble to find something that Mom has hidden than it is to put it away in the first place.

For the reluctant child, the next time you ask your child to clean up a mess and the response is "But it's not mine" or "I didn't do it", agree with them. Simply state "alright then for the day, I will only wash the dishes

I use, only the clothes I wear, and I'll only make food that I'm going to eat."

This next idea is absolutely genius. For each article of dirty clothing left on the floor rather than just placing it in the hamper, have your child make five trips from the place where the clothes were dropped to the washing machine. The child must pick up the article, walk the article to the washing machine, take it back out, return to where it had been dropped, drop it, pick it up, and then repeat the cycle. And remember, a pair of socks counts as two articles and that makes 10 trips! Like I said, genius!

by: jaydenstorms
Toys to Fight for! Before Three Years Old, Child Study What? The fairytale world of the Sylvanian toys The Ultimate Toy Collection For Your Child! The Chimona Chronicles kids series released in print format A Learning Experience For Your Child! Volleyball Rules For Kids Finding Some Cheap Insurance For Teenagers Perfect Gift for Active Children The Spy Net Video Watch – A Fun Toy For The Kids? A Happy Childhood Of Super Mario What to purchase your kids this coming christmas Generate a comfortable bedroom furnishing for your child with bunk beds for children
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.223.134.29) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.012763 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 3095, 956,
Discipline - How To Discipline Your Messy Child Copenhagen