Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Destruction Of Pompeii: Rediscovered The Forgotten City by:Gia Loren
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Destruction Of Pompeii: Rediscovered The Forgotten City by:Gia Loren

Destruction Of Pompeii: Rediscovered The Forgotten City by:Gia Loren

Pompeii is the city that is a ruin and is a partly buried Roman town located close to the modern Naples in the Italian region of Campania

. It lies in the territory of the commune of Pompeii. The city of Pompeii was completely destroyed and buried from a long disastrous eruption of the volcano Mount Vesuvius. It took two consecutive days to show its calamity during the 79 AD. The volcano distorted higher rooflines and buried the city of Pompeii deep under 20 metres, making it the remains of ash and pumice. The city was then lost for some 1,600 years before the accidental rediscovery of the city in the year 1592.

Right from then, the excavation has given surprisingly comprehensive insight into the life of the city of Pompeii at the height of the Roman Empire. Today, the city of Pompeii is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is among the most well known tourist attractions of Italy. More than 2,571,725 visitors throng to experience the past destruction of Pompeii and its ruins. The city remained undiscovered and buried for almost 1700 years. Later the excavation took place in the year 1748.

The tons of molten ash, pumice and sulfuric gas was the reason behind covering the city for centuries. These disastrous elements dissolved into the atmosphere when Mount Vesuvius blew its top. The poisonous vapors and molten debris surrounded the nearby area due to which inhabitants living there was unable to breath. With the city of Pompeii, the Herculaneum and Stabiae was also destroyed. Tons of falling debris packed the streets entirely. This left nothing to see and no one could think even that the area was once a city with thriving communities.

Thousands were killed for the massive volcano that swallowed the entire living beings and their property. Even today, many remains are still undiscovered. Soon after the eruption was ended, military assistance was also arrived to the area. This could be said as the evidence was found in the form of prints. The print of Roman Army shoes was visible on the top layers of ash, given hardcore evidence that the military assistance was arrived.Destruction Of Pompeii: Rediscovered The Forgotten City by:Gia Loren

The overwhelmed towns and villages after the massive destruction were not rebuilt and in fact, the locations of the city was forgotten. So if you want to know about the destruction of Pompeii then head this place and take a guided tour. This will help you explore the city in a better way. The city of Pompeii has amazing history to offer to its visitors.

Read more at http://www.traveleurope360.com/destruction-of-pompeii.html

About the author

Hi I am Gia Loren, I have personal experience of traveling, I love to travel, I have written blog on European best traveling destinations, I wrote there through my own experience. You will read interesting facts about the acropolis, history of the leaning tower of Pisa, attraction of Hampton Court Palace, beautiful views of Heidelberg Castle, horror of London dungeon, madame Tussuad wax museum, inside Buckingham palace.
Turkey - A Fast Emerging Tourist Destination by:Shushmul Maheshwari Vietnam Tourism Sector to Witness Skyrocketing Revenues: RNCOS by:Shushmul Maheshwari Calgary Culture: First Thursdays Cultural Crawl by:Jonathan Meier Preparing For Your Mexico Getaway by:Brian Gaines Best Luxury Hotels in Delhi by:Alex Dishuja Qutub Minar, India by:Johnson Philip Timeshare Reviews Help You Choose by:John Murphy Great Hen Weekend Ideas In London For Perfect Hen Night Rejuvenate Yourself with Brisbane Car Rentals by:Dev Mishra Visiting Thailand's North Provinces by:Richard Mylar Kid Friendly Holidays: Bali by:Miley Johnson What To Look For When Booking Your Villa Near Disney by:Mark Sheldon Tips For Traveling Abroad by:Joe Cline
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(13.58.82.79) Tel-Aviv / Tel Aviv Processed in 0.012329 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 3130, 954,
Destruction Of Pompeii: Rediscovered The Forgotten City by:Gia Loren Tel Aviv