Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » David Allen and Quest Online / OQL Part III
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

David Allen and Quest Online / OQL Part III

Author's Note: This article is the final installment of this series as I continue my researching the online gaming industry with a specific focus on David Allen, Quest Online ( QOL ), and Alganon.

David Allen departed Quest Online in March 2010. This was after creating Alganon, releasing the game in December 2009, and building and running Quest Online for more than four years.

Whenever somebody creates a new company and raises capital from outside sources there are always risks involved. Obviously, investors always carry a fair amount of the risk. Risk is what brings reward. Understanding that investment is a risk, I wonder how important it is for those operating the company to really know the investors. What if the investors are good people? What if they're bad people? What if they're supportive? What if they have ulterior motives? Do they have any experience or background in their investment? What is their history of behavior? All of this plays a key part in the sustainability of a company, especially during the process of making it profitable.

What drives individuals such as David, who found companies and spend countless hours building companies and/or commercial Mass Multiplayer Online Games (MMOGs) from the ground up? I asked David about this, and he said:

"I've never been a money driven person. My passion is in creating worlds, building teams and companies, and producing products. As long as I can live a comfortable lifestyle while working on the products I love and to make them successful, I'm happy. But Quest Online turned into more than just building a MMOG; it became a monumental investment of time and money where I acted as President & CEO, CTO, and COO all wrapped into one. With nearly 50 people working at Quest Online at our height and all of the responsibilities, I worked on average of 70 or more hours a week for at least three of the four years and it became quite overwhelming. I definitely learned vacations are not only important, but necessary."

David Allen shipped a commercial MMOG with a virtual company all through angel investment and without publisher support. This was a monumental accomplishment and I know of no independent game company or individual that has built and accomplished what Quest Online and David Allen did with the time and funds. The original Alganon team deserves much praise for such an accomplishment.

"It was a privilege to found, build and run Quest Online, create, develop and launch Alganon, and to work with the outstanding team that was formed. I'll remember what so many of our team members shared with me: Quest Online was the best job I ever had."

More David Allen / Quest Online information can be read at: http://www.davidallenquestonline.com
Do Not Get Tricked When Purchasing Oak Furniture Or Dark Wood Furniture Cheap Trips to Barcelona Building A Happy Family With Clearblue Expert Testimony As To International Child Abduction And Other International Family Law Issues Methods On Getting An Ideal Public Liability Insurance Quote Pick Up Women Spending Less And Getting More On Valentine's Day Events and Adventures Review - Vancouver Money Saving Tips For Online Shopping Boost Your Ecommerce Store With Seo During Holidays. The Evolving Australian Aid And Development Framework: Promoting Development In Africa The Outlook For Making Money Online In 2012 Valued Opinions - Yet Another Paid Surveys Online Probability?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(13.59.243.194) Washington / Seattle Processed in 0.012222 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 2895, 975,
David Allen and Quest Online / OQL Part III Seattle