Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Comparison of two different DSLRs from two manufactures
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Comparison of two different DSLRs from two manufactures

Burst Speed While the Nikon is slower with a 6fps burst speed against the 7fps of the Pentax

, theD7000can go on like forever (over 15s) in burst mode shooting JPEGs while theK-5can only manage about 3s. Again, it will depend on what kind of shooting you do. Will you actually keep the shutter pressed for long or would you like a little more speed in a shorter burst?

HD movie Although theK-5offers Full HD in 25fps, that's the only we can say for it when theD7000offers more frame rates in 720p quality as well as the AF-F in movie focusing feature.

ISO Sensitivity Nikon may have started the game for obscenely high ISO sensitivity range in their DSLR but in this case, they are probably saving the higher numbers for the next model up. Still very formidable by any standards, the expanded ISO 25600 of theD7000 gets trumped by the extra stop of thek-5at ISO 51200. However, the image quality of the images at those settings will be the real decider for this point so the Pentax fans out there should not be celebrating just yet

Memory Card slots Still probably one of the most useful feature (for the more serious shooter anyway) in many DSLR models would be the dual card slot. Nikon is the only brand that is offering this feature in its non professional bodies and against the single slot of thePentax K-5, theD7000 is the clear winner. Furthermore, the support of SDXC cards on the Nikon D7000is likely to help increase its product life as well.Comparison of two different DSLRs from two manufactures

Weather Sealing Now both the Nikon and Pentax are being sold with decent weather sealing but perhaps the Pentax is a touch better. In this case though, my opinion may be biased through the marketing of Pentax and their stressing of their 77 weather seals. Maybe I should get Kai to do another durability test on these two cameras to be sure.

The Price Difference! In today's world, there aren't too many people who could say this does not matter. With a SRP price tag of about US$400 cheaper on theNikon D7000, I can't honest see who would buy theK-5. Sure, it's a great camera but I know what accessories I would be better off investing in with the price savings I could make. So I guess the winner would be theNikon D7000. Still, SRP don't really mean much anymore so we will have to wait for the actual market price when both are available. Pentax, if you are reading this, please reduce the price to below that of theD7000and I'll come back and look again.

By: Raphael Chieza
Comparison of two different DSLRs from two manufactures Melbourne Day Tours Get You Away From The Hustle And Bustle Of City Life, And Out Into The Real Aust Adopting from Africa – Saving a life A Day Trip Barcelona: Explore Unbelievable Beauty Leisure Valley Park: Gurgaons Oasis Festival Wellies: The Coolest Footwear Around The Egypt Climate... Bright Sunny Outlooks all year round! Zap Your Stress - Relaxation Techniques For Stress Dania Beach Storages For Every One And Every Need Crucial Elements To Learn About Travel And Overseas Health insurance Travel To India To Explore Varied Tourist Attractions Cheap Holidays in Berlin Adventure Holidays In India
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(52.14.85.76) Washington / Seattle Processed in 0.011743 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 2601, 954,
Comparison of two different DSLRs from two manufactures Seattle