Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Childhood Habits Are Hard to Undo
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Childhood Habits Are Hard to Undo

If a product contains any high fructose corn syrup like many sodas

, cereals and juices pass it by. High fructose corn syrup is a common substitute to sugar in processed foods. Obesity is the most expensive health problem in the U.S. today. Obesity results in Type 2 diabetes, heart attack, strokes and cancer which are our primary killers today. And we are now learning that a fat, cholesterol laden diet increases your chances of dementia and Alzheimer's disease.

One of my coworkers started to bring fruits for her lunch and was asking my opinion about exercise programs. When I asked what motivated her to change she said that her child came home crying saying she doesn't want to be fat. Obesity causes extra pressure on bones and joints. This can cause all sorts of complications from flat feet to dislocation in the hip socket. A vital part of childhood obesity prevention is to limit television, video games, and computers. Kids are spending more time sitting in one place than running around outside. By limiting your children's allowed time with electronics they will have to turn to other activities to keep them occupied.

Currently there is a push to clean up the menus offered in restaurants as a way to fix this problem. Granted, if you look at a kids menu you will mainly find chicken strips, macaroni and cheese, hamburgers and the like -- definitely not health food. Make sure you support your family and child into eating a healthy diet - family support is key and if the whole family is trying together you are all more likely to succeed. Try make a takeaway or pizza a special weekend treat rather than a regular evening meal. Let's face it, no kid comes running up asking for high fructose corn syrup. They might ask for juice, cookies or chips, but even these have healthier alternatives with simple ingredients lists.

Budget cuts at schools here in the United States have taken away the emphasis and time allotted towards physical fitness that existed during the 1960-1970's. Children find themselves engaged in more sedentary pursuits including computer games, social networking, and an expanded media entertainment offering. The second thing that kind of threw me for a loop, was this doctor reporting this as news. Being a doctor I gather this is something he is already familiar with and common knowledge to him. From what I understand this guy is CNN's chief medical correspondent, and a neurosurgeon, so again I would expect them to know this.

Encourage your kids to play organized sports. Basketball, Soccer and baseball all involve running and having them be part of a team helps them to foster their self-esteem. Cut out sugar. As in totally and immediately. Your body doesn't need sugar. It needs proteins, fats, complex carbohydrates and water. Lunchables have been very popular because they are quick and easy and seem to be pretty healthy, but the turkey and cheddar cheese combo ones actually contain more calories than a fast food hamburger and more sugar than two candy bars.

By: Tom Mack
Only Footwear is a blog refined the most recent sneaker trends among teenagers Military Divorce Attorneys Virginia Beach VA:Child Custody Exciting career of Child modelling How To Make The Best Children'S Halloween Costume Tricks to Become pregnant : Naturally Conceive a Child With These Few Helpful hints Teens Sex and Sexuality, Talking to About it!! Top 5 toys for a boy Children Birthday Party Favors - The Most Important Part of Kids' Birthday Gifts Teen Deodorant Poisoning? Could it Be the Cause of Childhood Obesity? Childhood Obesity Becoming an Epidemic in America? DJ Whoo Kid Mixtapes Are One Of Many Successes Five ways you can help your child get fit
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.225.31.159) Ljubljana / Ljubljana Processed in 0.013464 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 3163, 956,
Childhood Habits Are Hard to Undo Ljubljana