Car Rental On Holiday - Things To Be Aware Of
When it comes to travelling around a foreign country
, car rental is often the best way to go. Not only does it give you the freedom to go where you want, when you want, but it also means you are not a slave to the limitations of public transport. However, there are certain things you need to be aware of when renting and driving a rental car in a foreign country, not least of which is to make sure you are driving on the correct side of the road!
1. Make sure you receive all the right documentation - While most car companies such as Avis and Hertz will give you everything you need for your rental experience, such as insurance documentation and a list of current scrapes on the cars, others may be more flexible in what they give you. Make sure you get everything you can, just in case you do get in an accident and need all the details "" this includes insurance details, car technical information and contact details for local breakdown services as well as the rental service.
2. Rental companies CAN check your details - When you give your driving licence to a car rental company, it is very easy for them to run a check on it to see if you have speeding tickets, drunk driving charges and other offences. Not only can this raise the cost of insurance for you, but depending on your driving past, it may prevent you from even being able to rent the car.
3. Are you the right age? - Generally, you have to be over 21 to rent a car, however some countries either ask you have five years driving experience or be over 25. Also youth may not be the only factor "" some companies don't rent vehicles out to people over the age of 70 years old. It is completely dependant on the individual country, so do some research beforehand and don't assume you'll be able to rent a car without any problems.
4. Additional drivers - You may have rented out the car in your name, but if you're travelling with a friend or a partner and they also wish to drive, you need to add another driver to the insurance. This will raise the costs a bit, but it does give you more freedom, especially if you are going on a lengthy road trip. Always check in advance what the additional costs may be.
5. Don't be late! - This may be an obvious thing to remember, but some firms charge up to $100 dollars per additional day if you are late.
by: Paul Symonds
No Need of License to Get Auto Insurance Where to find the best pre approved auto loans online What You Should Know About Florida Vehicle Insurance Benefits of Low Cost Auto Insurance China's Auto Gear Industry Should Be Formed Army Traumatic Injuries Auto Cash Funnel Research Birth Injuries FAQs The Benefits of Auto Execution When Trading California Cruise Ship Attorney: Injured On A Cruise Ship? The Cruise Industry's Dirty Secret Advantages of getting an auto title loan Car Insurance Malaysia Heilongjiang Auto Parts Market Auto Parts Selling Well Asia And Africa - Fasteners, Auto Parts, Auto