Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Car Insurance - 2 Things To Be Aware Of When You Buy Insurance
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Car Insurance - 2 Things To Be Aware Of When You Buy Insurance

If you're like me, you'd love to reduce your auto insurance premiums yet not reduce the protection you get. But do you have insurance agents as friends? I have two. Recently, having done some online research, I came up with some interesting findings and ran them by my insurance friends.

This is what I talked with my insurance friends about:

a. retain the right to sueCar Insurance - 2 Things To Be Aware Of When You Buy Insurance

b. don't sign contracts that include the words 'aftermarket parts' or similar ones.

Let me go into a bit of detail on these two, as they have important consequences for you, the auto insurance buyer.

Retain the right to sue

According to some car insurance advisory sites you should always retain your right to sue your insurer. The reason? If you do not you're making easier for your insurer to take advantage of you.

This is what happens. If you give up the right to sue and there's a disagreement, you and your insurer go to arbitration. If you retain the right to sue, you can, of course, get a lawyer and sue.

Lawyers charge a lot more than arbitration people do. So insurance companies have additional incentives to follow the contract the two of you signed, to settle.

One of my insurance agent friend's idea about retaining the right to sue? "It's true, but it doesn't really work that way. People get favorable results from arbitration."

I'm not saying arbitration doesn't ever work. Just that it's better if you retain the right to sue.

Aftermarket parts

If your car is damaged and you have the right insurance, the insurance company pays for repairs, including parts. Car parts made by companies other than the car maker are called "aftermarket parts."

Originally, it seems, aftermarket parts were always inferior in condition, craftsmanship, and they were not as extensively tested. Now, some are as good as or better than the parts made by car makers. But, But perception has not changed, people still think them inferior. Which means that if your car has aftermarket parts, it's going to be perceived as being less valuable, you'd have to sell it for less than if it had original car maker parts.

I talked about aftermarket parts with one of the insurance agent friends I have. He said it's not true. Because, unless your car is one or two years old, almost everybody uses aftermarket parts. Which proves my point, not his. And my point is that there are auto insurance companies that do not use aftermarket parts.

My insurance agent friends tell me that if you cross out language from the policy, all insurance companies will not do business with you. Which maybe a good reason for you to find yourself another insurer.
Comparing Regularly For Car Insurance Online What to look for in a legal services provider when making an injury claim How do Car and Van Insurance Differ? Secrets Your Automobile Insurance coverage Company Doesn't Want You to Know Basic Similarities Of Auto Loans And Auto Lease Which Car is Best for Cheap Insurance? Who Will Give me Cheap Car Insurance? Possible Risks Of Getting An Auto Finance For Bad Credit Holders Top Reasons Why Auto Refinance Bad Credit Loans Are Difficult To Obtain How do I manage a groin strain injury? Why You Have to Buy Car insurance My Cheap Car Insurance Tips Best New Driver Insurance - A Way To Uncover One
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.188.20.56) Paraiba / Alagoa Nova Processed in 0.012146 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 32 , 2903, 952,
Car Insurance - 2 Things To Be Aware Of When You Buy Insurance Alagoa Nova