Insurances.net
insurances.net » Accident Insurance » Car Accident Compensation Claim - What Can I Expect?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Car Accident Compensation Claim - What Can I Expect?

Car Accident Compensation Claim - What Can I Expect?

You have just been injured in a bad auto accident that wasn't your fault

. What is a car accident compensation claim, you had better find out quick!

The Basics

In almost all countries, you are required to have car insurance to drive legally and the insurance company will have a procedure to file a car accident compensation claim. This is something that you could handle yourself, if that is what you wanted to do.

At the scene of the collision the police most likely interviewed all parties involved and obtained the insurance information of everyone involved in the accident. The police also wrote their report that named who they thought was at fault for causing the accident. This police report will be the basis on which your claims will be based.Car Accident Compensation Claim - What Can I Expect?

What Are Your Damages?

Medical treatment and rehabilitation, care repair, the cost of the ambulance, car rental while your car was in the shop, vehicle replacement if your auto was totalled, income loss, and many other miscellaneous cost can be just some of your damages. Insurance main purpose is to "make you whole" again both financially, physically and mentally. If the accident was caused by careless driving, negligence such as drinking and driving, careless driving, or a defective vehicle, you could possibly have a claim for "punitive" damages.

Where The Rubber Meets The Road

It isn't always as easy as filling in claim form and getting money. In many instances, insurance companies may either deny coverage on the insurance policy based on a technicality (policy contract provision) or one of the other parties involved in the accident may sue you for personal damages. So, it is almost always a good idea to hire a good personal injury attorney.

A personal injury lawyer will know the law in your area regarding accident compensation claims and be able to represent you with the insurance company. If needed, the attorney can represent you in court, give you legal advice as well as see that you receive just compensation awarded to you.

Many of these types of lawyers work on a contingency fee, meaning they are paid a portion of the settlement with usually no up front cost to you. In many cases you will receive as much or more with a good lawyer representing you as opposed to you doing it yourself. Also, you will have a representative that knows the personal injury law.

For You, The Bottom Line

An car accident is never fun and can cause you mental and physical trauma. How you go forward both financially and physically may depend on how you handle the aftermath of a car accident. A medical professional will help you heal physically and a personal injury attorney may be what you need to get the compensation due you.

This article is not meant as legal or medical advice, only for informational purposes. Always consult with a legal or medical professional for legal or medical advice.

by: William Boyd
Breeding Chinchillas Advices On Driving, Stress, Accidents And Injuries Choosing An Auto Accident Injury Claims Company In What Ways Will Your Insurance Rates be Affected by a Car Accident? Holiday Driving Safety Tips Help Avoid Auto Accidents Get A Personal Injury Lawyer To Be Compensated For Your Accident Truck Accidents and Traumatic Brain Injury Swimming Pool Peril in December - My Child Should File a Personal Accident Injury Claim Against Me! Accident injury Car accident lawyer Auto Accident FAQ's Breeding Rabbits Helpful Tips On Choosing a Minneapolis Auto Accident Lawyer
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.191.189.85) Mato Grosso do Sul / Campo Grande Processed in 0.012783 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 26 , 3014, 974,
Car Accident Compensation Claim - What Can I Expect? Campo Grande