Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Can I deny visitation for failure to pay child support? Rhode Island Family Law Issue
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Can I deny visitation for failure to pay child support? Rhode Island Family Law Issue

Can I deny visitation for failure to pay child support

? Rhode Island Family Law Issue

NO.

Failure to pay Child Support in Rhode Island is not an excuse to cancel or deny a parent visitation in Rhode Island (RI).

I repeat. Nonpayment of child supportor contempt for failure to pay child support is not a justification to deny your ex-girlfriend / ex-boyfriend or ex-husband or ex-wife a visit with your child. It makes no difference whether you share joint custody or whether you have sole custody of your child. All Rhode Island Family Court Judges and Magistratesbelieve that it is not appropriate to punish the child by denying visitation merely because a person is not supporting the child.

If a person is behind on child support or has failed to pay child support for the child then he / she must file amotion for contempt for failure to pay child support.

If you deny visits because your ex is a "deadbeat" or is in noncompliance with a child support order then you could be held in contempt for failure to comply with a visitation order. If you arerepeatedly found in contempt of a child visitation order in Rhode Island then you could lose custody / placement of your children.

If you are unhappy with the visitation order or want to modify visitation then you must file a motion to modify visitation. It is not appropriate to use failure to pay child support as a justification tounilaterallyimpose a different visitation schedule then the court order.

If you are unable to pay your child support and there has been a substantial change in cicumstances then you must file a Motion to Modify Child Support or a Motion to suspend your child support rather than unilaterally stop paying child support
Fort Aguada The Timeless Allure Of An Intimidating Portuguese Stronghold Essential Qualities For A Family Dentist Online Assistance For 24 Hour Answering Services Read Reviews Before You Buy Extenze Make Your Wedding Day Just Perfect with Wedding Insurance! Pria Kataria Puri Collections Are Modern In Style And Indian In Expression by:Fashionlabel Online MBA in USA for the Leaders of Tomorrow Advantages Of Online Pizza Delivery A Man Skilled At Cunnilingus Will Have A Happy Woman Who Is Willing To Return The Favour How Market Volatility Can Help With Your Trading Decisions Snow Boots - Best Gift For Christmas Conference Call to Bring You to Conference Venues in London Checklist- Things To Consider Before Choosing A Media Mba Program Online
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.23.123) / Processed in 0.010710 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 1785, 975,
Can I deny visitation for failure to pay child support? Rhode Island Family Law Issue