Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Can I Take My Kids On My Atv?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Can I Take My Kids On My Atv?

Can I Take My Kids On My Atv?

Riding double on an ATV, while not illegal in some states can be rather dangerous

. Anyone who chooses to ride with a passenger assumes full responsibility for that passenger. This is especially true if the passenger is a child.

Most passengers carried on an ATV are young children. Many of them are not able to drive on their own. Riding double is much more risky than driving alone, so here are some ways to help minimize the risk of injury or death.

As the law states, all riders and passengers under 18 must wear helmets. A child riding with other children is very risky and should never be allowed. Driving and ATV is dangerous; it requires maturity and the ability to make instant judgment calls to maintain the vehicle's control.

The adult driver assumes all responsibility for the passenger as well as themselves, which includes financial and legal responsibility. With the helmeted child seated in front of the driver, you are able to maintain the best control. This is the best place for a child to ride so that the driver can manage and control him.

If the child falls asleep while seated in front, the driver can cradle her so she won't fall off the ATV. If a situation comes up that necessitates jumping off the ATV, with the child in front the driver can quickly grab the child in an arm to make the jump. In case of a roll-over, the driver can use his arms and elbows as a "roll bar" to protect the child from the impact.

When riding on uneven terrain, with the child in front the driver can use her knees to shift the child's weight as needed to maintain the proper center of balance. If there is any reason an adult driver cannot do any of these things, she should not be driving with children. It's not worth the chance.

The principle of maintaining the proper center of balance applies to both adult and child passengers. Riding double is always risky, whether for an adult or child passenger. Great care should be taken to ensure the safety of all.

For proper control of your ATV, maintaining your machine in top working order is important. This includes having a good set of ATV shocks. Proper ATV shocks can make the difference not only in the comfort of your next ride, but in the safety as well. Remember to have your ATV shocks checked to maintain them in the best condition.

by: Angel Chodie
Seven Tips For Your Autistic Child Introduction To Teenager Violin Lessons Volunteerism for Teenagers Shaping of a Great Nation Hockey Dryland Training For 12-14 Year Old Players - 3 Amazing Dry Land Exercises For Early Teens How to relax kids? Miami Kids Party, Children Birthday Party Miami From Eventus Kids Create A Bright Future For The Next Generation As A Child And Youth Worker advantages Of Playing Hockey For Children Beneficial Reading For Your Child-how? Top Teen Driving Tips Phonics Or How To Teach Your Children Reading How To Teach Children Spelling Words Learn How To Speak Spanish For Kids Online
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(13.59.43.17) Tel-Aviv / Tel Aviv Processed in 0.005032 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 2418, 956,
Can I Take My Kids On My Atv? Tel Aviv