Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Can I Raise My Kids Vegan
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Can I Raise My Kids Vegan

You can absolutely raise your children vegan. There are endless amounts of data to support this position ranging from governmental studies to medical research and the professional opinions of well-respected nutritionists. The notion that children raised vegetarian are not healthy is a fabrication to say the least. In fact, the American Dietetic Association along with the Children's National Medical Center in DC and countless other well-respected professionals and organizations have asserted that a well-planned vegetarian diet is appropriate for people at all ages, including children.

Recently in lieu of the childhood obesity epidemic, this question is being raised more and more. What has been discovered in research studies is that when compared, vegetarian children have been found to be leaner, have a lower prevalence of obesity, lower BMI, and better lipid profiles. These findings suggests that the meat, dairy and egg products consumed by non-vegetarian children have an associated risk of obesity while the nutrient, fiber rich diet of vegetarian children reduces their risk of becoming overweight. Additionally, what most experts propose is that ensuring vegetarian children get adequate amounts of Vitamin B-12, protein and minerals is the key. It is also advised that vegetarian children be given a varied diet including legumes, whole grains, tofu, nuts, seeds, and lots of fresh fruits, leafy green and other mineral-packed vegetables.

Now the question for most is how do you get your children to eat these things amidst the strong influence of commercial advertisements and unsupportive family and peers? Making healthy eating more appetizing to children simply requires that you make it fun. Use a cookie cutter to create fun sandwich shapes. Add a dipping sauce to a kid-sized veggie tray. Add a side of soy yogurt as dipping sauce for apple or pear slices. Make a veggie pizza together. Keep a good supply of finger foods like dried fruit, nuts and berries on hand for snacking. Just linking fun to meal time will keep them both happy and well nourished.

So despite what friends, family, corporate media, and many others may say numerous studies prove that you can raise your children to be vegetarian. They will still grow to be well-adjusted, healthy, happy adults. You simply need to educate yourself on how to give them well-planned meals that provide them with all the vitamins, minerals and nutrients that they need to support their developing bodies. In today's information-based society that will not be a difficult task. Discuss it with your family physician. Go do some independent research of your own to get answers to any unanswered questions that you may have concerning this issue. Rest assured though, the probability will still be very high that you will discover that raising your children vegetarian is one of the few viable healthy dietary options that still exists in this unhealthy world.

by: Amirah Bellamy
Don't Let Lice Hitch A Ride To Camp With Your Kids!! Customizing a Child's Room with Cartoon Decals Does Your Child Have Trouble Hearing? Choosing A Childcare Recruitment Agency CommTank steps up to collect toys for US Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program Finding A Good Child Care Centre Kindergartens Versus Child Care Centres Strategies To Help Steer Clear Of Issues During Child Delivery Religious Jewelry - The Perfect Gift For A Child's Communion or Confirmation Celebrate A Child's 10th Birthday With An Incredible Party Mark Your Daughter's Sixteenth Birthday With A Huge Celebration Chores, Chores, Chores! - 10 Ways To Get The Kids To Do Their Chores Tips For Taking Care Of Your Children's Teeth
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(13.59.136.170) Washington / Seattle Processed in 0.012558 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 8 , 3030, 956,
Can I Raise My Kids Vegan Seattle