Insurances.net
insurances.net » Boat Insurance » Can I Buy A Second-hand Boat Motor
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Can I Buy A Second-hand Boat Motor

Can I Buy A Second-hand Boat Motor

Never allow a used boat motor purchase to turn into an Outboard Motor Repair

. Read below for a few important checks you can make yourself. There are a couple steps you could take to keep from getting ripped off plus lessen the odds of buying someone else's problems.

When looking for second hand outboards it is important to have them inspected before you pay for them. It's not a big cost to get an outboard repair shop to check them over. The money saved in the future is well worth it. I have witnessed time and time again people purchase second hand outboards on good faith. The previous owner swears that they are in decent condition and running order. As soon as the new owner brings the motor in for a tune up or service, typically there is something wrong with it. I have noticed lots of motors bought in good faith that are in reality very badly damaged and will need an costly rebuild. An outboard motor repair can be very costly.

A workshop will inspect the outboard from top to bottom. They will test the motor mounts and bushings, the propeller and gearbox condition. They ought to also run the motor and test the tuning, gear shift function, charging and have a close listen to the sound of the motor, listening for any inner bearing sound or unwarranted piston slap etc that would call for an outboard motor repair.

A compression test should be performed on the motor and most shops possess the capability to check in the motor by way of a tiny flashlight or bore scope. The condition of the cylinder bores or liners will be noted, and this gives a very important clue of piston and ring condition. The time it takes to do an inspection is about 1-2 hours. With service shops charging around $75 dollars an hour, it's a very cheap and prudent move to take to safeguard yourself against possible unexpected costs.

However please bear in mind there is no assurance that the repair technician can learn everything that could possibly be wrong with the motor. There is only so much they can inspect to preclude an outboard motor repair.

by: kenv82xffr
Falling In Love With Sports Boats By Seadoo Dealer Uk Find The Effective Ways To Sell Used Boats Here
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.219.63.90) Campania / Vairano Patenora Processed in 0.009596 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 2132, 977,
Can I Buy A Second-hand Boat Motor Vairano Patenora