Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » Camera Lenses Online
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Camera Lenses Online

Camera Lenses Online

Flying Moods !!

With an academic and professional background in Architecture, I was inclined towards the more subtler forms of arts, colours and nature. Not satisfied with a basic foundation Course in photography, I followed up with a Diploma in Photography from the Centre for Photography (CEPT), Ahmedabad. But given the hectic and mechanical work schedule, I believed that essentially some creative distractions, especially the environs of nature would enable me to think differently and sharpen the required creative focus", says bird and photography lover Ruchee Soni.

underlying belief enabled her to embark on a journey to discover the abundance in nature through her lens.

In her quest to understand nature; especially birds, she started educating herself in Nature Conservation and Omithology. Her architectural sense definitely aided her, helping her create some good compositions and frames. Gradually she realised that Bird Photography, had almost become a field of study for her. Ruchee understood that once she would be exposed to the bird's behavior patterns, breeding habits, nesting periods, habitat and migration etc, photography would only get more exciting and adventurous.

Bird Photography means to frame a moment that is quite literally, fleeting The best training would be out there on the field. To add value to her work, she grabbed the opportunities that came along. Tracking back from her first exposure through an exhibition that was held at CEPT, (which was sponsored by Nikon), she has upped her ante to develop, educate and train herself to understand the avian species closer. This has resulted in her work not only getting better, but immensely rewarding at the same time.Ruchee believes that her this is only a start and there are miles for her to walk before she can fly!

Equipment:

Camera: Canon 60D and Canon 1000D

Lenses: Canon 100 - 400mm L USM and Canon 550 - 250mm lens

August 2012 I Smart Photography I 33

The EXIF data says that the picture has been shot using a 135mm lens on a Nikon D80. I take it that it was a 18-135mm zoom lens. The equivalent focal length in terms of 35mm format is 202mm. Hence, by the rule of the thumb, your shutter speed should have been at least 1/200sec. (Your picture is reasonably sharp, but could have been sharper).The lion at the left has been chopped off. I assume that you wanted a tighter shot of the other lion but the lens did not have enough 'reach', therefore the lion on the left got included by default.

I feel the image is a shade too dark (though some may like the darker version). A slight extra exposure would have sufficed. Unfortunately, the LCDs of modern cameras are overly bright and this can cause you to misjudge the exposure. Get into the habit of checking the histogram. And to ensure that highlights don't get clipped, I suggest that the highlight overexposure warning (also known as 'blinkies') remain enabled at all times.I have 'opened up' the image a wee bit (Edited image Not being satisfied with the composition, I cropped image as seen in Edited image 2. The edited images slightly sharpened.

The Snarling Monkey

Smart Photography reader Mohan Krishnan captured this monkey viciously snarling. The expression is good, but the subject is too much to the centre of the frame. Moreover, the monkey's right hand and a part of his foot have been inadvertently cut off. This should be avoided (unless you are trying for a close-up of the face).

I adjusted the contrast using Levels in Photoshop. This adjustment brightened up the monkey, but the little white flowers became too bright and started competing for attention. Hence, using the advantage of the white Mask that automatically forms when Levels is used, I toned down the white flowers with the Brush tool (with black as the Foreground colour).Next, I cropped the image. Observe that I have left more space in the direction of the monkey's gaze. Finally, the image was sharpened.

SPreader Munsi Hansda from Kolkata has taken this photo at Diga in West Bengal. He wants to know if the picture could be improved. I assume that he wanted to show some similarity between the tree and a human figure.Since the background is at close proximity with what could be considered as the main element in the picture, it would not be possible to throw it out of focus during the shoot. To add to that difficulty, you have opted for f!11. Why? Narrow apertures give greater depth of field; you should have opted for a much wider aperture, which would also have allowed a faster shutter speed. As it stands, there is a lot of clutter in the background. Frankly, it is not easy to improve this picture.

I have tried to soften the background using Gaussian Blur in Photoshop. First, I added a lot of blur, and then carefully brushed out the areas where the blur was not desirable. Then, using the Multiply Blending Mode, that layer was darkened.However, I am not too happy with my own edit. Just goes prove that Photoshop should not be considered as a bullet.

by: Yogalakshmi
Why Purchase Access Panels From Online? Different Types Classifieds Car Sale Through Online Favourable Ventures To Work For Online Companies Recognizing The Top Online Timesheet Brand Get Chemistry 11th Edition Chang For Great Discount Online The Reasons You Need To Start Online Trades Right Now Sending Gifts Is Easy With Online Shops Book Air Tickets Online For Hassle Free Life Fast Loan Online- Better To Solve Fiscal Woes In No Time Cash Advance Online- Ultimate Fiscal Support For Everyone Guard Your Property With Finest Quality Electric Fence Through Credible Online Services Earn Money With Online Surveys Online Resources For Traveling For Less
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.15.222.195) / Processed in 0.014848 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 32 , 5220, 973,
Camera Lenses Online