Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » Buying Breast Milk Online Fraught With Risk--fda
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Buying Breast Milk Online Fraught With Risk--fda

Buying Breast Milk Online Fraught With Risk--fda

Is sharing, selling and buying breast milk online a good idea

?

According to health experts, buying human milk online from strangers or even sharing among friends puts babies at risk of disease.

The practice of purchasing breast milk through the internet is fraught with controversies.

Sharing milk informally is dangerous because the risk of transmitting diseases such as HIV and hepatitis through human milk very high.

Since there is no proper screening, a woman selling milk could carry infections endangering the health of the infant.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a warning against purchasing milk online stating, "The donor is unlikely to have been adequately screened for infectious disease or contamination risk.

"It is not likely that the human milk has been collected, processed, tested or stored in a way that reduces possible safety risks to the baby.

A new phenomenon

The practice of women sharing breast milk is not something unique. It has been prevalent for centuries.

However, what is novel is the idea of women selling breast milk online, sometimes to perfect strangers in order to make some extra cash.

Some women who produce extra milk turn to the internet sites like OnlytheBreast.com and EastonFeets.org to sell their breast milk to mothers who could not produce enough of their own to nurse their kids.

FDA recommends milk banks

Recent studies have shown that breast milk is better than formula as it reduces baby's risk of infection, sudden infant death syndrome, and even of childhood cancers.

The health regulators urge women who are unable to produce adequate breast milk, due to illness or medication, to turn to Human Milk Banking Association of North America.

According to the FDA, these banks are safe because they go through extreme measures to screen the women donating breast milk.

Doctors at the milk bank screen the donors, prepare questionnaires and even have the women submit results of blood tests to ensure that they are donating breast milk to help and not hurt the babies.

International Board Certified Lactation consultant Sam Doak, the former contact person for the local La Leche League, stated, "The La Leche League says that human milk from the mom is still the best option followed by milk expressed by the mom, human milk from another mother and then formula.

by: Priyanka Verma
# 2 Hey there! I realize this is somewhat off-topic but I needed to ask.
Does operating a well-established blog like yours
take a large amount of work? I am brand new to writing a blog but I do write in my journal on a daily
basis. I'd like to start a blog so I will be able to share my personal experience
and views online. Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips
for new aspiring bloggers. Appreciate it! https://greendero.eu   2024-2-7 01:36  reply
Online V/s Classroom Learning 7 Surefire Ways To Repair Bad Credit by:Wes Atkins Way to Watch Satellite TV on PC Online 7 Best Features Of Online CRM System That Assures Success For Your Company Learn Arabic Language Online Authentic List Of Divorce Records Online 7 Myths About Online Universities Advantages of an Online Degree 7 Free tips on how to make money online Work Online Using Profit Miracle by:Fusco Simon 7 Keys to Running a Successful Business by:Scott Kiser, DDS Different ways to categorize eyeglass frames online 7 Proven Tips To Market Your Cleaning Business by:Khali S.
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(13.58.39.23) Tel-Aviv / Tel Aviv Processed in 0.012460 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 34 , 2516, 973,
Tel Aviv