Insurances.net
insurances.net » Buying Insurance » Buy Or Make A Marimba? - A Used Marimba Guide
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Buy Or Make A Marimba? - A Used Marimba Guide

In university I used to play my roommates marimba

, but after graduation the marimba was right up there on the list of things I missed (along with the parties and friends). I didn't really know how expensive it is until I started searching for one! I was surprised and upset to learn that the marimba with the octave range I wanted cost anywhere over $8000. That simply was not in my budget, so I decided to buy one used. If I could find a good deal on a used marimba, I would be able to use the money I save more wisely; like on beer and sport games.

Sounds good, but tough to execute. Read on then to find out what are some of the pitfalls you should keep in mind before you buy a used marimba.

Be sure to call ahead and ask specific questions, like how old the item is, and who has played it before. It also helps to know why the owner is selling it. For example, a musician that got married and moved into a new house, and is selling it because he hasn't the time to play it or room to store it, will be a better purchase. He will be able to tell you what's wrong with the instrument, if there is anything that needs to be replaced, but overall being a musician he probably took better care of the marimba. On the other hand if it's an odd sale by someone that just gained possession of the marimba through a family member and is now selling it for a bit of a profit, will know little about it, and may also try to hide any imperfections. You can find out a lot just by asking. Give the seller a call before venturing across town to have a look at it.

When you drive out to see the used marimba, look for:Buy Or Make A Marimba? - A Used Marimba Guide

- Parts that are damaged or missing

- Mismatched colors, like parts have been replaced

- Play it, to hear how it sounds

- Touch the parts, to make sure they're well secured

- Wheel it around a bit, see if the wheels work and if it survives the movement

And make sure you can bring it back to your house without problems.

Remember that you never have to make up your mind right then and there. Regardless of what the seller is telling you, he doesn't have people looking at it every day, and it's not easy for him to sell it, so ignore the pressure sales. And remember that all sales are final, so if you're unhappy with it, don't buy it

Another option is to buy it online with shipping.

Personally I'm against that decision. I got to see a lot of crap as I was driving around the city, searching for a good used marimba. Sometimes the sellers were trying to mislead me, other times, it was just different from the classified ad. I think that online there would be the same problems, plus the extra shipping cost.

Do not buy anything you cannot see, feel and hear.

In fact, after not finding a decent deal, I just made my own marimba! It was one of two scenarios that I encountered: either the marimba was in a good condition and was selling close to its brand new price, or it was in a bad shape and was being sold at a fair price. So for me it just made more sense to make a marimba instead of buying a used one. It took me just under a week, and under $600 for a 5-4 octave marimba.

By: Jeremy Wadford
Could You Survive Without Shopping Online? Make £1 A Day The Free Way On PayPerPost Greatest HDTV Buy, Want the Greatest For Much less? Where To Find Kindle Best Buy Buy Disposable Clear Plastic Cups Price India Online Shopping Buy Air Compressors Online Shopping Websites In India Buy Mechanics Insurance And Reduce Business Risks Pay Monthly Deals: Lucrative offers for every class Buying Insurance for your Business How to Buy a Pool Table How To Accept Card Payments
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.163.58) / Processed in 0.012524 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 32 , 3361, 962,