Insurances.net
insurances.net » Buying Insurance » Bond Basics: How Do I Buy Bonds?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Bond Basics: How Do I Buy Bonds?

Most bond transactions can be completed through a full service or discount brokerage

. You can also open an account with a bond broker, but be warned that most bond brokers require a minimum initial deposit of $5,000. If you cannot afford this amount, we suggest looking at a mutual fund that specializes in bonds (or a bond fund).

Some financial institutions will provide their clients with the service of transacting government securities. However, if your bank doesn't provide this service and you do not have a brokerage account, you can purchase government bonds through a government agency (this is true in most countries). In the U.S. you can buy bonds directly from the government through TreasuryDirect at http://www.treasurydirect.gov. The Bureau of the Public Debt started TreasuryDirect so that individuals could buy bonds directly from the Treasury, thereby bypassing a broker. All transactions and interest payments are done electronically.

If you do decide to purchase a bond through your broker, he or she may tell you that the trade is commission free. Don't be fooled. What typically happens is that the broker will mark up the price slightly; this markup is really the same as a commission. To make sure that you are not being taken advantage of, simply look up the latest quote for the bond and determine whether the markup is acceptable.

Remember, you should research bonds just as you would stocks. We've gone over several factors you need to consider before loaning money to a government or company, so do your homework!

Click Here To Read Full Article...

By: My India
Pay Monthly Deals- Grab The Best At Very Reliable Rates The risks of shopping online Some Things That You Can Do To Buy International Air Tickets Easily Pounds Till Payday:-monetary Help Till Payday Online Shopping In India Things To Keep In Mind When Buying Taxi Insurance Wage Garnishment Options for Lower Payments Online Auction: A Convenient Way Of Budget Shopping Conveyancing For First Time Buyers A Online Shopping Wonder ? Or NOT When Should You Buy An Hdmi Switcher? Used Pool Tables For Sale - Why Buy A Used Pool Table Buying Mortgage Insurance Just Got Easier
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.17.203.68) / Processed in 0.012010 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 1910, 962,