Insurances.net
insurances.net » Boat Insurance » Boat Search Previews
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Boat Search Previews

Boat Search Previews

As you know, I help many clients find and purchase their yachts

. I took Mary with me last week so she could go through first hand how I go about inspecting vessels. I previewed a Cheoy Lee trawler for an out of state client. I actually conduct a mini-survey looking for anything that might be a red flag for a prospective buyer. He had rather find out sooner than later about a boat.

The first thing I did was to give her a good look over on her hull and decks. I used a moisture meter to detect any moisture below the gel coat. I performed a thorough inspection of all the decks searching for anything suspicious. I did not find any soft spots or anything other than she could use a little fresh paint at the rubrails.

I then began inside the boat, inside the salon to start. I went throughout the salon looking especially for any evidence of window leaks. Again I used my moisture meter to peer beneath the surface. I only found one small place that was not active, just a little staining from a past water leak around a window. I checked the bulkheads, the flooring and the ceiling. All searched fine. I lifted the wall to wall carpet to find beautiful teak & holly flooring with a nice high-gloss finish.

I then moved to the galley which was adjacent to the salon and did the same inspection. I also checked out the appliances to make sure they were in satisfactory condition. The Buyers wife wants a dishwasher inside her yacht but this one did not have one but we did measure to see if one could be installed.Boat Search Previews

On to the pilothouse where I once again used my moisture meter to check whether there were water leak issues. I also did a cursory inspection of the area to determine the overall shape of the woodwork, electronics etc. I did not turn on the electronics but just gave them a once over for any visible signs of corrosion etc.. I did find a problem with an exterior door where moisture was present within the wood and fiberglass door. I continued to the flybridge where I inspected the decking, propane locker, tender and mounts and searched again at the electronics. You have to look closely at all masts deck-stepped as water can penetrate here.

Back down below in the master stateroom we looked for signs of water damage by the portholes and on the walls. I checked the rudder posts and water tanks under the bunk to see what shape they were in; good shape actually. A quick inspection of the shower & head were also done. Each of the other 3 staterooms and heads were inspected as well, looking for obvious red flags.

Last but not least we found ourselves in the engine room. I searched to see if the engine room itself was clean and whether the bilges were clean. I also checked to see what shape the fuel tanks were in and what how the engines and generators looked. All of them seemed to be in good shape. I also looked at the air conditioning systems for the yacht and found one raw water pump that was leaking but should be a simple fix.Boat Search Previews

No equipment or systems were run during the inspection, this happens during the survey. I also checked the shaft stuffing boxes, strainer condition, electrical panels, stabilizer mechanicals, the bonding system and the batteries.

All in all, we searched at a yacht in average to above average shape for her age. She probably requires a few things to get her ship shape but not much. I can now advise my buyer to go forward with her or go find another yacht.

When we returned home, I prepared a write up for my buyer in which I conveyed all determinations and concerns. We will look to see whether the buyer desires to personally see this trawler or pass on her.

by: Marinetrader
Boat Paris For Your Maximum Sight Seeing Pleasure Boat Loans: Real Help In Financial Needs!! Timberland Boat Shoes And The Introduction About The Concept Of Boat Shoes Internet Surfing And Pleasure Sailing Setting Sailing By Yourself Find the Best Loan for Your Boat by Following These Easy Tips! Wedding Event Planning Smooth Sailing Movenpick Radamis I Luxury Nile Cruise Boat Choosing Marina Berths: Find the Best Marina and Boat Mooring Recalling How The Dragon Boat Festival And The Shanghai Tourism Market Blindly Say Goodbye Boat Trips and Cruises near St. Paul's London Hotels China Japan Tensions Escalate Over Fishing Boat Captain Build A Boat At Home
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.17.184.90) / Processed in 0.012976 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 3764, 977,
Boat Search Previews