Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Blinds for a Beach Cottage
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Blinds for a Beach Cottage

Recently I inherited my Auntie Jane's beach cottage in Carmel, California. The quaint home is located on the sandy hills overlooking the beautiful Pacific ocean shores, with a wooden walkway down the to the beach. I loved this place as a child, and planned to refurbish the home and make it mine as my loving Auntie knew I would want to do. All the furnishings were as I remembered, and I planned to keep all of it, but there was much updating needed in order to make it livable again. Hardwood flooring was a must for the damp nights and I had them installed immediately. My next chore was to find the correct blinds that would open up adequately in the daytime to let in the light and close out the dark and dampness, when needed at anytime.

The blinds of today offer so many types that I had many options to choose from. They can be very decorative and beautiful to the eye, so it made it fun to pick the perfect blinds for the cottage. Blinds come with what they call a pulley system which allows a person to just pull up or down, to easily to open and close them. For the living room blinds, I chose what they call plantation shutters, so I could keep the cottage affect intact. Plantation shutters, which in reality are blinds, open and close with a small bar installed for easy handling. The blinds that I looked at come in various hues of browns and whites. I chose the stark white, which went wonderfully with the red Persian rugs strewn around the room and in front of the fireplace. Lovely old time charm!

For the bedrooms, which there are two large rooms, I chose versatile bamboo blinds, one room in dark brown, and the other room in a lighter brown color. The cording is easy to pull to brighten or darken the rooms. I like the fact that you can position them from a partial covering to full covering, as you please. I love that they can be personalized to fit your style and preference, and that they resist UV rays and will not fade in time. The blinds can also be cleaned easily with soap and water and they resist dampness and the elements of your surroundings, which was very important to me. I found when researching blinds, that not only were they versatile, but they could be made to order in a vertical, horizontal, arched and curved to fit any window. I found I could add valances and colored tapes to accommodate my style. I like that I am able to position the slats for privacy, and direct by positioning, the lighting to the floors, as well as the ceiling. Noise reduction, light control, in addition to beauty and privacy, made this plain, although quaint cottage, one of a kind.

After completing the task of moving into the cottage, I invited a few friends to drive up from Los Angeles, for the weekend. They all fell in love with the quaint beach cottage I had decided to make my home. Complements started with the colors I had chosen to paint the walls, to the area rugs I had placed all around the home, to enhance the furnishings. Seems the biggest hit was the shutters and blinds though, which they all agreed was the perfect finishing touch to make it my own style. My new cottage absolutely rocks! Thanks Auntie Jane! R.I.P.
Make Accommodation Bookings and Pack Your Bags for a Trip to Algarve Take a Real Voyage without Spending Too Much- Check Out a Travel Forum! Shelving Solutions in Phoenix Non-typical destination in Orlando Lebanon Information (Arnun, Baalbek, Bcharre, Beirut, Byblos, Jounieh, Tripoli, Tyre, Zahle) Plan Your Golf Holidays in Algarve Plan Holiday To Miami Staying At Cheap Miami Hotels Christmas day discount gucci handbags in Hong Kong Celebrate Christmas in Paris The Sex in Mumbai Tourism Scene The X Factor Announces Tour Dates Across the UK in 2011 London 2010 Christmas Gifts Mumbai Tourism and Other Mumbai City Information
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.222.232.128) Noord-Holland / Amsterdam Processed in 0.013326 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 8 , 3245, 954,
Blinds for a Beach Cottage Amsterdam