Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Blarney Castle in Ireland by:Wilfredo Rivera
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Blarney Castle in Ireland by:Wilfredo Rivera

Blarney Castle in Ireland by:Wilfredo Rivera

Blarney Castle is one of the most popular sites in Ireland

. Millions have traveled to southwest Ireland, climbed a very steep stairway, bent over backwards, and kissed a stone. Why would they do that?

My daughter told me that she is doing a report on Blarney Castle for speech class. It took me a minute to understand how clever that choice was. You see, by kissing the Blarney Stone at the castle, you are promised the gift of eloquence and Irish charm; you will have the "gift of gab."

I took my children to visit Blarney Castle when they were in grade school. Both of them seem to have a great ability to converse, so I think it worked!

Blarney Castle was built in the 15th century by Cormac MacCarthy, one of Ireland's greatest Chieftans. The castle was attacked many times during the 16th and 17th centuries. Only the square tower, where the Blarney Stone is, remains.Blarney Castle in Ireland by:Wilfredo Rivera

The legend of the Blarney Stone began with the Lord of Blarney who refused to give his allegiance to Queen Elizabeth. In order to keep his land, he had to keep talking and evading the question of whether he was devoted to the Queen. He gained the reputation of fair words and quiet speech. The queen became frustrated with the Lord and shouted, "This is all Blarney; what he says, he never means!"

So, to gain this technique of charm and eloquence, visitors line up to climb the very narrow winding stairway to the open top of the castle tower, lie down and bend backwards with the help of an Irishman, and kiss the stone.

Adjacent to the castle is the Blarney Castle House, a 19th century mansion with beautiful paintings and gardens.

The Rock Close is a magical shaded spot nearby. The rustic rock is almost hidden in the trees, but is worth seeking out. The path leads you down the stone "Wishing Steps" to a very peaceful, enchanted scene. You can stroll on the boardwalk and enjoy the Gardens as part of your visit to Blarney Castle. The whole estate including Blarney Castle is located on over a thousand acres of woodland.

The village of Blarney has a quaint square and several excellent shops, including Blarney Woollen Mills. The outlet was established in 1824 and is one of the largest craft shops in Ireland. One year I did all my Christmas shopping there. They shipped some of the items home for me and I bought an extra suitcase for the rest!

You will notice how pleasant and welcoming the people of Blarney village are. You will want to spend a little time strolling, shopping, having tea, or dining in the village before heading out to your next destination.

Blarney is near Cork City in southwest Ireland. When you are touring County Cork, you are a short drive from many points of interest. Cobh is the waterfront village formerly known as Queenstown where the Titanic was last docked. Kinsale is a picturesque and popular village with much to offer, including the wine museum in Desmond Castle, Charles Fort, and many exquisite restaurants. Take time to explore the towns and scenic landscape of County Cork while on your trip to find the gift of eloquence at Blarney Castle!

For More Information Visit

www.dreamtravel360.com

About the author

Blarney Castle is one of the most popular sites in Ireland. Millions have traveled to southwest Ireland, www.dreamtravel360.com
Seaside Romance in Barcelona, Spain by:Wilfredo Rivera Hotels Cost 300% More Per Person Per Day Than Vacation Rentals: I'll Prove It! by:Wilfredo Rivera There Is More To Hershey, Pennsylvania Than Chocolate by:Wilfredo Rivera How to Find Vegas Hotel Deals in the Summer by:Natalie Brient What To Ask About When Finalizing Your Vegas Hotel Booking by:Natalie Brient ATP Tour – Rafa Nadal: One step above the rest Why You Should Rent A Condo In Hawaii by:Jeff Schuman Charter Planes by:Michael Thornton Affordable Airport Limo Service in Buffalo by:Jeffery Lowe Amazing Destinations for Vietnam tour packages by:Tom Nguyen Top 7 Spas In USA by:Ashlee robinson Cheap Flights In USA - You Can Find If You Know How To! by:Gamini Wijeratne China Tourism Industry Forecast to 2012 by:RNCOS E-Services Pvt. Ltd.
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.119.163.171) Wyoming / Casper Processed in 0.006272 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 28 , 3402, 954,
Blarney Castle in Ireland by:Wilfredo Rivera Casper