Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Bhandardara – Journey is more exciting than the destination
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Bhandardara – Journey is more exciting than the destination

Hello there,

24th and 25th July, we (my family, fianc and my would-be Father in law) had planned for a weekend off in Bhandardara.

Due to some reasons, my Father in law could not join.

So, my fianc and family comprising of 7 members, myself included set off for an excited weekend off.Bhandardara – Journey is more exciting than the destination

By 5:00am we left our home. It was a 4-5 hours drive. Bhandardara is a hill station, 180 kms away from Mumbai. 45kms from Igatpuri. My fianc had organised our stay arrangements in his company guest house.

So began the exciting journey, full of fun, jokes, Antakshari on the way driving towards the destination.

On our way to Bhandardara we crossed Igatpuri which looked so beautiful covered in mist, so much so that we could hard see vehicles ahead of us.

Rainy season being the perfect time to plan a trip, made the holiday all the more exciting with lush green mountains, waterfalls and misty road. The mountains along the driveway could be seen half way, tip hidden in the misty cloud.

The scene was awesome and the hot snacks and hot cuppa chai made the morning most memorable.

We reached the Wilson Dam but somehow I did not enjoy my time there. Due to rains, the roads were muddy and there were no waterfalls around it. Where the Dam is, no ones really allowed to go. So its like watching a plain wall from a distance of 200 metres knowing that there huge mass of water on the other end.

We had our lunch in a nearby restaurant which was not so good but since we all were too hungry we could eat anything to satisfy our hunger, it was ok. We returned to the Guesthouse, freshened up, had a cuppa chai and then sat to play Dumb Sharaz. It's a superb game wherein you form 2 teams. 1 team calls a member from the another team and whisper the name of a movie which the team member of another team has to explain with action to his team. If the team guesses it right you win points for your team.

We thoroughly enjoyed playing cards post the Dumb Sharaz session. With excitement in games we cancelled our plan to visit Arthur Lake, Agasti Rishi Ashram & Amriteshwar Temple.

Next day after breakfast, we tried our hand at badminton and table tennis in the Recreation centre inside the guest house.

We left by around 11am reached Mumbai by 5ish.

We had a fantastic weekend off but must say the saying holds true here the Journey is more exciting than the destination J

Bhandardara Journey is more exciting than the destination

By: Namita Vyavaharkar
Many Ways To Travel Around Sydney Australia A Tip From Experienced Travelers Photographers and Videographers in Australia The 2010 Georgia Apple Festival And Accommodations The Everlasting Appeal of Halloween African Widows Manali Tour Packages offers you to Explore Best of Manali Attractions Searching for Washington DC office space? Know what you need Playa del Carmen travel a way full of fun Discover Gucci Messenger Diaper Bag French grey Barcelo Royal Beach and Panorama Beach: Jewels in Sunny Beach's Crown The File Comparison Utility In Action Bulgaria Tourist Attractions
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.135.209.44) / Processed in 0.013459 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 32 , 2604, 954,