Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Basic Horse Feed Rationing & Equine Parasites
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Basic Horse Feed Rationing & Equine Parasites

A feed ration is a determined quantity and quality of feed

, calculated using as much information about the animal and its lifestyle as possible. Rations can be made as complicated or as simple as desired. It is the final outcome that also determines the complexity of the ration. Age, needs, workload, breed etc must also be considered when determining the most suitable feeds and quantities for the individual.

There are different factors that determine the constituents and quantities of a ration. Two main factors are generally considered when calculating any ration; daily energy requirements and total daily dry food intake. "Daily Energy (DE) required in MJ/day, divided by dry feed intake in kg/day, gives the MJ of DE per kg of dry food needed." (David Frape, 1994)

When formulating a ration for any individual horse, there are factors that need to be determined.

1.The weight of the horseBasic Horse Feed Rationing & Equine Parasites

2.The expected daily feed consumption

3.The amount of protein required in the diet

4.The energy requirements of the horse

5.Determining the nutrient and energy values of the most suitable feeds

6.Deciding the feedstuffs most suitable for the purpose

It is important to remember that any feeding schedule, whether designed using spreadsheets or over time via trial and error, should always include sufficient water for each individual horse.

Parasites

Parasites are living organisms that live off others. They cause harm to the organism that they choose to live on and can often spend most of their life in or on that chosen host. Due to the lifestyle of parasites, their ability to cause destruction of their host is great, and they are responsible for major economic loss within the agricultural industry.

Parasites that live on or in other living animals will be responsible for massive amounts of internal damage to their host. The lifecycle of each parasite varies, and their progression through the internal systems of that host will determine the damage done. Many different internal systems can be affected because of the parasite travelling through, or living in that area, but all of which will cause the host to loose condition and have detrimental effects to the health of that animal.

Due to the negative effects that infestations of parasites have on animals, the agricultural industry will inevitably suffer because of it. It is therefore vital that the farmer or carer of animals implement a management strategy that will reduce any risk that parasites pose on their animals.

by: Tammy Patterson
Tips to Solve Scanpst Error: 'The procedure entry point DDLUninitinstance@0' Water Chemistry: Why It's Important In Pools Reg Cure 1.5 2 License Key ? - Don't Wait…! RegCure Product Review - Don't Tell Anyone… Using "Say", "Tell", "Talk" and "Speak" to Refer to Written Words How To Get Over You Wife - I'm Getting Angry Why Can't I Forget My Ex - I'm Getting Angry Why Do I Cry All The Time - I'm Getting Angry Ex Treating Me Like Jerk - I'm Getting Angry False Hope After Breakup - I'm Getting Angry Was My Break Up A Mistake - I'm Getting Angry If I remove the battery & run from a power source will it lengthen battery life? All About Auto Headliners
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.16.76.43) / Processed in 0.010164 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 28 , 2661, 952,