Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Australia's Best Bars and Nightclubs - Hotel LA - Review
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Australia's Best Bars and Nightclubs - Hotel LA - Review

Venturing out on a rainy evening is never anything less than a challenge

. But when a good friend of mine was organising an event at Hotel LA to raise money for CanTeen, how could I let the miserable weather dampen my spirits? That and any excuse to check out somewhere I've never been is good enough for me.

Arriving at 5:30pm probably wasn't the best idea. It is Caxton St after all, and on a Friday that can only mean one thing: tradies! So ladies, if you don't enjoy being whistled at and having some rather questionable comments thrown your way, I suggest not passing through the Sports Bar before 9pm.

If there isn't a private function on upstairs, it's definitely worth checking out. With a huge verandah wrapping around 2 sides of the building overlooking Caxton St and Suncorp Stadium, it's a great place to chill out and soak up the atmosphere. Upstairs is where you'll also find some good DJs spinning tunes, and there's plenty of room on the dance floor to bust your best moves. There's also another bar upstairs, so you're saved the trip up and down for each round (and you're also saved from those pesky cat-whistlers!)

They probably could do with a few more bartenders, as we did tend to wait around a bit for service. But the bar staff were all super friendly and chatty, especially with the locals. And they know how to make a good cocktail. The best bit? Happy hour, which starts at 7pm (though was not advertised) so I got quite a nice surprise to learn basic spirits are $3.50.

All in all there's real character to Hotel LA. I wouldn't spend a whole night there, but it's a great place to meet up with friends for a drink or 2 after work or to kick off a night out.

By: barsandnightclubs
Kerala Backwater Tours- Most Popular Backwaters Of Kerala The Importance Of Wooden African Masks In West Africa Tiger & Golden Triangle Tour With Goa Christmas Gifts Golden Triangle with Varanasi - Khajuraho Tour The Lady Of Shalott: A Comparison Of The First And Second Edition Holiday Horoscopes Can you blive it? Holiday Horoscope is better or not Avoid Theft When Traveling Enjoy The Easter Offers At The Liverpool Street Hotels In London Tour Durban First Year of Marriage Very Determining Next Travel Celebrity Combination Of Qualities! Who Is A Celebrity?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.14.247.5) / Processed in 0.005795 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 2361, 954,