Insurances.net
insurances.net » Cancer Insurance » Arthritis Treatment with Acupuncture and Shiatsu Massage
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Arthritis Treatment with Acupuncture and Shiatsu Massage

The cooler months are approaching, and I am sure I will be seeing more patients suffering from arthritis. The cold, damp weather often exacerbates the condition and makes even simple daily activities difficult. In this article I will briefly discuss Chinese Medicine and howacupuncture can help manage arthritis pain and symptoms.

Arthritis is characterized by painful, swollen joints which are often more stiff in the morning. This is annoying, frustrating and painful! There are a variety of reasons why people get arthritis including general wear and tear of a joint or genetic predisposition. Whatever the reason, suffering from arthritis really puts a damper on things.

Chinese medical philosophy believes that every living thing has a vital life force or energy, which is called "qi." Qi flows throughout our bodies via a network of channels called meridians. The meridians are like a freeway system. If the qi flows smoothly and properly we feel happy, centered, and balanced. However, similar to a major traffic jam, if the flow of qi becomes hindered or stuck, pain and discomfort ensue.

Some of the causes for qior energyto become stuck are: physical trauma, excessive emotional strain, poor eating habits, lack of exercise and environmental factors such as cold and dampness. In Chinese Medicine, cold and dampness are considered pathogens that can obstruct the flow of qi.

The symptoms associated with qi obstruction due to cold and dampnesssevere fixed pain that limits the range of motion of a jointare similar to arthritis symptoms. Qi obstruction due to dampness in particular is associated with fixed pain, soreness with swelling, and a sensation of heaviness and numbness in the limbs.

When using acupuncture for arthritis treatment, hair-thin needles are placed in specific acupuncture points to release the stagnant qi, which is seen as causing the discomfort. The acupuncture treatments focus not only on alleviating the symptoms of arthritis, but also on balancing the whole body.

Acupuncture needles are so thin, that their insertion is almost completely painless, but there may be a sensation of pressure or slight throbbing when needles are inserted in certain points. This sensation is call "de qi" in Chinese Medicine. It is believed that when a needle touches a point of stagnated qi, release of the blockage occurs. Patients often report being able to feel the energy begin to move again. Most Chinese Medicine practitioners feel that the outcome of a treatment can be better when the patient experiences "de qi."

I have been a shiatsu massage practitioner for 17 years and an acupuncturist for 5 years. During my practice, I have treated many patients presenting with arthritis. I have treated arthritis utilizing both shiatsu and acupuncture.

Individually, shiatsu and acupuncture have achieved remarkable results. However, I have found that when I use a combination of both modalities along with additional heat therapy, such as moxibustion or infrared light, my patients experience a much greater and more sustained reduction of their arthritis symptoms. Depending on the patient, herbal formulas and dietary modification may also be discussed.

Shiatsu, an acupressure massage modality, can relax tense muscles adjacent to the arthritic site, improving the flow of qi and blood. This allows the acupuncture needles to work more effectively.

Moxibustion involves bringing heat to the body through the burning of "moxa." Moxa is made out of Chinese herbs and can be formed into a stick which resembles a cigar. When moxa is applied indirectly (avoiding skin contact) over the arthritic site, it removes cold and damp, warms the meridians, and clears qi and blood obstructions.

Acupuncture, shiatsu and moxa are safe and effective methods for treating and managing the arthritis pain and symptoms. So, when the cold, damp weather makes your body feel like it has been in a major accident on the 405, think of acupuncture as AAA coming to the rescue!
Panic Attack Treatment: Naturally Eliminate Panic Attack Mesothelioma – Early Detection And Action Is The Key Is There Panic Attack Treatment Without Medication? Total Knee Arthroplasty in Goa for Patients Opting for Low Cost Treatment The Treatments To Rough Castings Tell Me About ADHD – Overview, Statistics, and Possible Treatment Options Types and Treatment of Bone Fractures Get Concerned With Breast Cancer Foundation Work Lysine for Best Natural Cold Sore Treatment Consider These Bed Wetting Treatments Try these 3 Treatments to Help Prevent Bed Wetting Try these Effective Bed Wetting Treatments Try These Awesome Bed Wetting Treatments
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.104.29) / Processed in 0.012177 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 4162, 301,