Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » Are You ISO Auditor-Phobic? by:Chris Anderson
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Are You ISO Auditor-Phobic? by:Chris Anderson

Which is more painful: an audit or spending the holidays with Aunt Sally and her green Jell-O mold

? Either way, your company audit still looms in your mind, but it shouldn't be that scary - quite the opposite. Besides, even Sally "audits" herself when she makes her mold, as she tests for thickness and taste. She just wants to improve.

Fix the Problem

So what are you going to do about your company audit? How about make an educated guess what the problem is, assign someone to "fix" it, and sit back and relaxfor another month or so? This is just another short-term solution.

Tackle the Audit Head On

Instead, why not tackle the audit head on, and kick its butt. A strange way to put it, maybe, but that's how I see an audit after attending an Internal Auditor Skills Class. Don't get me wrong, I still like managing by my own glorious opinion. But it got me thinking that maybe the attitude of "just the facts, ma'am" holds more water (and less hot air).

Close System Gaps

With role playing and actually writing up my own audit plans and reports, I got to see why unarguable evidence is so crucial to improving and even closing the gaps in a company's system. It becomes such a different world when you see firsthand all of the scenes.

Of course, Les Cornelius, Quality Assurance Coordinator for Lee BioSolutions, Inc., put it better than I could. "Role playing and specific examples were helpful elements because they fully exercise the brain in its learning capacity and help internalize and retain the teachings"

Manage with Unarguable Evidence

But I asked myself, why these teachings? Why do you need unarguable evidence, and why isn't our best guess good enough? It's because I saw that without unarguable evidence, we will manage by the seat of our pants and just argue back and forth our subjective opinions instead of discovering what is factually true. We will never accomplish anything with certainty, and we could do the wrong thing that could set you back even further.

Measure Performance Improvement

But as with anything, the proof is in the pudding, so what are the results? In the class, I saw numerous examples proving that managing by objective evidence leads to better and higher performance. And this leads to measurable improvement of the whole system. Simple yet complex. Complex yet simple.

Conduct Your Own Audit

In a nutshell, if you're only going to take one in the next few months to help improve your job and company, I'd highly recommend an Internal Auditor Skills Class. You will come away with the knowledge to conduct an internal audit and improve your company's system. And, maybe more importantly, you can face your fears - and hopefully avoid Aunt Sally's mold.

About the author

Chris Anderson has over 18 years of sales, marketing and business management experience working with business process design, software and systems engineering. He is also co-author of policies and procedures manual products, producing the layout, process design and implementation to increase performance. He is currently the Managing Director of Bizmanualz, Inc.

Visit: http://www.bizmanualz.com/?src=ART77
Benefits Of Creating Corporate Ebooks by:Colin Ong TS The ABC's of Cyber-Shop Set Up & Marketing: Affordable, Big League, Cheap! by:Diana Barnum Equipment Leasing Blunders That Can Cost Your Firm a Mint by:George A. Parker Free Lotto Wheeling System by:Noah Faulkner PR: Am I Getting a Good Deal? by:Robert A. Kelly Knowing Your Credit Rights by:T.B. Collins Setting Financial Goals, The First Step In Turning Your Dreams Into Reality by:Teresa Kaufman Setting Financial Goals, The First Step In Turning Your Dreams Into Reality Part II by:Teresa Kaufman Refund Anticipation Loans -- More Harm than Help by:Drachir Semaj Your IR is Essential to Your Market Position by:Kathleen Gage Top 10 Strategies to Boost Your Business for 2005 by:Dr. Letitia S. Wright, D.C. Cosmic Relief by:Marilyn Jenett Mental vs. Physical Activity in Marketing by:Marilyn Jenett
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.16.90) / Processed in 0.012237 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 32 , 3399, 973,
Are You ISO Auditor-Phobic? by:Chris Anderson