Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Are You A Shirley Valentine At Heart..?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Are You A Shirley Valentine At Heart..?

Sometimes, when watching films and television programmes

, we find ourselves wondering where in the world some of the beautiful locations they are set in actually are, and how we can visit them.

We must have all seen 'Summer Holiday' with Cliff Richard in the sixties as he and a group of friends travel through France and on into Athens in a double decker bus. I can't really remember the storyline but I can certainly remember the fantastic scenery.

Shirley Valentine had to be an all time favourite of mine, starring Tom Conti and Pauline Collins as the disillusioned housewife who leaves her husband behind and heads off to Greece, not that the storyline was too memorable, I just watched it so many times! Mainly for the beautiful Greek location, filmed partly in Mykonos, I remember the beautiful scene where Shirley sits on the beach, wind blowing in her hair, glass of wine in hand, staring wistfully out to sea, contemplating her life...a true 'Shirley Valentine' moment.

Then there is the iconic Mamma Mia, the overall plot is a little unclear as I lose myself in the breathtaking Greek countryside and quirky coves of the islands of Skiathos and Skopelos, a place definitely on my holiday wish list...Are You A Shirley Valentine At Heart..?

Television series have also been known to inspire us with their exotic locations. Recently the X-Factor judges set hearts a flutter with the locations they chose for their final decisions before the live shows. Internet searches for flights to Marrakech increased by 43% when Cheryl Cole took her group of pop star wannabe's there. Flights to Italy went up by 21% as Louis Walsh took his hopefuls to Lake Como, while interest in flights to California rose by 17% as Simon Cowell took his group out to the USA. Searches for flights to Dubai improved by 7% as Dannii took her group to meet her sister Kylie there. Perhaps proof that where we were watching was more interesting than what we were watching

And finally, there's Benidorm, love it or hate it, since the ITV series hit our screens the place has captured our imagination. I feel a little curious and would like to visit one day, but perhaps I'll just settle for watching it on the TV for now. Interest in holidays to Benidorm has risen through this programme, especially as we have been treated to scenes away from the hotel during this series. The cast took us to the beautiful Algar Waterfalls near Callosa d'en Sarria, picturesque Peacock Island and the fascinating Old Town, all inspiring us to see another side of holidays to Benidorm, a side away from the neon flashing lights adorning concrete tower blocks, and union jack swim shorts.

by: Yvonne Dawson
Holiday At Your Own Pace And Style How To Get Cheap Flights To Malaga Get Your Own Home Away From Home In Curacao Book Cheap Flights To Prague Make Your Travel Excellent By Learning The Most Excellent Travel Packing Tips A GHD Hair Straightener Kit: The Perfect Gift Set For the Holidays Phish Tickets - Some Firsts For Phish At Festival 8 Souvenir Lessons In Travel Advice Preparations With Travel Abroad And Overseas Travel Some Of The Major Tips To Follow When Traveling Abroad With Children Borana Lodge In Borana Ranch Laikipia Kenya Italians Raping Our Children In Luxury Villas & Hotels In Malindi Kenya Cheap Budget Safari Holiday To Kenya Information
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.14.85.213) / Processed in 0.005654 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 2798, 954,