Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » An Avid Repeat Traveller: Over 12 Years Of Cuba Holidays Still Not Enough To Quench My Thirst For Th
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

An Avid Repeat Traveller: Over 12 Years Of Cuba Holidays Still Not Enough To Quench My Thirst For Th

An Avid Repeat Traveller: Over 12 Years Of Cuba Holidays Still Not Enough To Quench My Thirst For Th

Cuba is more than a holiday destination to me; its more like an intoxicating addiction I refuse to give up

. I have been visiting this tropical island for over 12 years now and I keep feeling a special attachment to it, to its people, culture and history. These recent Cuba holidays in Havana were as amazing as always, but there were things that caught my attention more than before.

This time around I stayed at the newly built Quinta Avenida Hotel, a new hotel that recently opened in Havanas elegant 5th avenue in the posh Miramar district. The hotel looks very fresh and modern, and the service it offers is impeccable. I soon realised this new hotel was located very close to Comodoro bungalows, where I had stayed a few times before. I couldnt help walking there several times, to try the risotto offered at the Italian restaurant (incredibly delicious).

On my route to Havanas downtown area using the hotels shuttle bus service I saw several small kiosks and street vendors offering and selling different kind of products. Although I had seen street vendors in Cuba before, I certainly hadnt seen that many, there seems to be a little corner-shop everywhere now! I asked some locals and also other travellers and I heard that some economic changes are happening in the island allowing more Cubans to set up their own business and encouraging private commerce. I also heard there were some restrictions and regulations still in place, but the country is slowly opening up to allow more private enterpreneurs.

I also visited some of the new paladares (Cuban private restaurants) and again I felt impressed seeing the great increase of new privately owned restaurants springing up with the country, spoiling visitors for choice when it comes to finding nice places to eat at. I remembered that last year I only saw a few of them and this time, I found plenty in different areas of the city. I ate at La Tarequera in Vedado (delicious meat cuts and tamales) and at the La Carbonara (yum excellent pasta) located in Miramar.

Once again, Cuba surprised me as it always does. That Quinta Avenida Hotel was a clear example of it and the enthusiasm of the locals was really noticeable. I simply love this country.

by: Jose Gundin
All Inclusive Holidays To Turkey Several Details Regarding The Aspects Of Choosing Latin America Travel Few Basic Tips For Travelling Smart Travel Smart To Geneva With Important Travel Tips Fishing Charters Alaska- Travel In The Far North Portion Of Alaska Vacation Tour Packages Of India With Indian Travel Consultants World Best Place For Travelling Comfortable Travelling In A Calm Sea Best Travelling With All Comforts Hire Minibuses For A Convenient Travel Services Where To Find The Most Detailed Information On Antigua Holidays For The Cheapest Getaway Hire The Service Of An Airport Taxi For Your Spring Break Travels Enjoy Your Travel Through The Best Service Of Toronto Limousine
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.135.183.221) / Processed in 0.008091 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 2282, 954,