Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » All the Popular Winter Injuries are Sustained Doing Something Adventurous
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

All the Popular Winter Injuries are Sustained Doing Something Adventurous

My mother once tripped on her own clog as she turned a corner too quickly, running to fetch the family snacks during the commercial break of a movie we were all watching together. She ended up needing to be in a cast, because she actually broke her ankle. Sadly, she got very little sympathy from the medical community. Even her doctor snickered when he called. "Is this the lady who fell off her clog?" he asked while trying to stifle his laughter.

She was a good sport about it. She knew that during the wintertime, all the popular injuries are sustained while doing something fun like skiing, or snowboarding, or mountain climbing. She would try to tell people that she'd hurt her ankle doing something adventurous; but lying is not in her nature, and she would end up laughing and having to admit, she'd fallen off her clog.

All I can say now, years later, is that they couldn't have been very well made clogs. Have you seen what goes into a good pair of Dansko or Birkenstock clogs? The foot bed on either is a work of art and science combined.All the Popular Winter Injuries are Sustained Doing Something Adventurous

When I think of what mothers go through for their children, the miles they travel, I think we all need to call our mothers, find out their shoe size, and invest in the best possible shoe we can for our moms this holiday. Not just slippers, but a really good pair of cute, walking shoes like a Dansko clog, or a good Birkenstock. (My company sells both, and there are parts of the website that go into the layers and layers of technology put into the heels and foot beds of these shoes!)

A mother would run over gravel, rock, or broken glass to break a child's fall. For every step a child takes, the mother walks there first; searching all around, to make sure her child will be safe. So for each step a child takes, a mother perhaps takes seven or twelve, I'm guessing. A mother needs her feet to be protected, because so much rests on her shoulders, so much weighs on her heart. If feet are our foundation, the sturdy base that holds us firm, so that we can gather our children into our arms, and carry them safely, what can we say of our walking shoes? Should we scrimp on good structure? Should we pinch pennies on a safe tread?

As a mother myself, and as one who would sacrifice my own comfort for the safety of my children, I am realizing as I write, that I need to focus a little more on the sure foundation of my feet. I do not want to trip as I race to the aid of one of my children. I want to be confident that I can walk briskly, even run if I need to, at a moment's notice. Why would I, for a second, think of buying shoddy shoes, or cheap knock-offs, if that meant there could be a possibility of me ever being less than sure-footed?
Important Benefits of Short Term Car Insurance How to Compare Car Insurance in Oregon Breakdown Car Insurance: Safeguard Of Your Vehicle Best Toy Garbage Trucks of 2010 Finding the right static caravan insurance Brief About Used Forklift Trucks Progressive Car Insurance Trucks Available for Different Purposes Load Finder - Finding Trucks For Loads Shortage Of Auto Parts Irks Industry Why Malpractice Liability Results When Physician's Error Causes Newborn's Erb's Palsy Injury What static caravan insurance covers Applying For An Auto Loan After Bankruptcy
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.17.186.218) / Processed in 0.010123 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 2864, 952,