Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » Adsense Techniques - Comparing Ad Units and Link Units
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Adsense Techniques - Comparing Ad Units and Link Units

It took some time and experimentation to maximize my revenue. There are literally hundreds of articles and web sites dedicated to the topic of search engine optimization (SEO) and keywords and the placement of adsense ads on your web site. I have read many of these articles and resources and have implemented many of their recommendations.

Did you know Google has two different ad formats? Ad Units and Link Units are very different and produce very different result.

Ad units look like this:

Ads By Google

Cars for Less

Buy new cars for less

from the best car place

www.bestcars.url

While link units look like this:

Ads by Google: Cars New Cars Car Fact Buy Cars Cheap Cars

I employ both type of adsense ads on my sites, and I assign channels to each ad so I can see which type of ad gives the best result. I try to incorporate the ads in my sites so they have a natural look. I like the link units best because they look like just another link on my site. I usually position them in a space that fits in with the other links on the sidebar of my sites.

I seem to get much better Click Through Rates (CTR) on these ads. People don't seem to be as intimidated by the LOOK of the link unit.

But the CTR is not the most important statistic, money is. In my experience I receive higher revenue from Ad Unit vs. Link units. I assume this is because the Ad Unit serves higher price ads than links units do. I have no proof of this, but it does make sense.

The important lesson to learn is to use adsense channels, and experiment with both Link Units and Ad unit. I use both on all my sites. If you are only using Ad Units at this time, I highly recommend you intelligently employ link units for added revenue.

By Bill McRea publisher of http://www.free-marketing-info.com and http://www.24hour-info.com For more information about this topic take a look at my sites to see how I've used adsense to maximize revenue at my sites.
FootJoy Golf Shoes - whole range available at Golfbuyitonline now! Useful Tips to Increase Online Banner Ad Effectiveness Christmas Gifts at Golfbuyitonline Nike Golf Bags at Golfbuyitonline Kroger Weekly Ad - Online and Easy Make Money Online for Real - The Secret Strategies You Must Know As A Newbie! Does "Making Money Online" Work? How To Make Money Online Without Investment Starting Today Golf Putters now available at Golfbuyitonline Make Money Online With Little Or No Money Invested Watch Numb3rs Online and You'll be Craving for More! Heaven of All Online Gamblers Watch Sri Lanka Vs West Indies 3rd ODI Dec Live Online
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.14.130.186) Connecticut / Fairfield Processed in 0.011899 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 30 , 2136, 973,
Adsense Techniques - Comparing Ad Units and Link Units Fairfield