Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » About.Me Review - Reserve Your URL Before It's Too Late!
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

About.Me Review - Reserve Your URL Before It's Too Late!

About.Me is the latest marketing concept from the San Francisco based company who have designed a way for users and members to create their own "Splash Page." The company has created a free, super high quality, one page site that contains built in social networking links to your personal web presence throughout all of your accounts. A.J. Meijer of "Inside Acting Podcast" has referred to it as a 'Digital Postcard', a description I really like. Basically, this is a dynamic profile landing page that points users to your content around the web. The group of developers wanted to create an easy way to organize and centrally locate all of one's social profile pages that are scattered around the internet from places liked Linked In and Twitter to Facebook, Blogs, and personal websites.

Now those of us who are interested in marketing on the web and all things technological are always up for another promotional outlet, interface, and more personalized web presence. About.Me is no exception to the internet junkie's narcissistic fix. Now this new social media interface is definitely for everyone - as long as you are over 13 years old - and is not a social networking site. It is simply a landing page where you can garner more internet presence. You don't have to be a professional networker or marketer to enjoy this new media interface, as I would recommend any business owner or public figure across all industries to seriously consider reserving your URL now before it's too late.

What Do You Mean Reserve?

About.Me is currently in 'Private Beta' stage and the company is currently sending out daily invites. The software is "feature complete" and this basically means that they are in a prototype stage where they are testing the impact and usability of the software. All you have to do is to go to their website About.Me, enter your email and choose your About.Me URL (i.e. About.Me/PaulHMoore). Shortly afterwards you will receive an email confirmation that will let you know that you have successfully reserved your username with their pre-registration. Once the company publicly launches you will receive another email asking you to finish the registration process for your page.

"The Software Club"

This whole process has reminded me of those times when all you want to do is enter the club and be a part of the scene. Direct, exclusive access to the hip, cool, and trendy place to be. Where everyone goes to see and be seen. Where a bottle of Vodka goes for $300 and the misfits wait outside in long lines monitored by men with muscles and suits with power, while the streams of Barbies and their Ken's waltz right in to add fuel to your sidelined fire. This 'Private Beta Stage Club' has people waiting for months before access is finally granted to enter - all of which, I assume, is based on your own personal public value. The company is backed by some major Venture Capital Firms and private Angel investors including: True Ventures, Radar Partners, Freestyle Capital, Scott Kurnit, AOL Ventures, David Mahoney, Founder Collective, & Ron Conway.

Track Your Visitors

About.Me also offers the user a Personal Analytics Dashboard, which will allow you to understand how many people see your profile, where they're coming from and what they do on your page. There are blog plugins that have similar functions, but About.Me has it all built in for you! So should you get an account? Why not? The pages look great and it will offer you a professional sounding URL without having to employ any other domain 'masking', 'forwarding', or URL 'Bit crunching.' Most of us have Facebook profile pages, but your URL is too long to be used on any business card (even after shortening the URL through Bit.ly). But how does About.Me/PaulHMoore sound? Not bad. In this author's review I believe About.Me will most likely create a large internet 'Splash.' This About.Me Review says 'reserve your URL name before it's too late!'
Change Your Insurance Provider at The Time Of Renewal Designing Hot Twitter Backgrounds B2b Marketplace Helps To Accelerate Growth Take Advantage Of The Global Exposure. Advice For Making The Best Home Insurance Decision Beautiful Teak Garden Furniture Insurance for Your Church Missionaries Phish Tickets - Phish Embarks Upon Tour Of Native Northeast What Does It Take To Be Financially Stable? Global Steel And 430 Stainless Steel How to plan for your first Zipline Tour in India Be a Mother With a Pregnancy Miracle A Priced Possession For Women In Every Culture Top Online Seattle Hotels Booking Tips
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.238.20) / Processed in 0.013320 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 4194, 975,