Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » AEFCO Aviation Summer Experience with Bob Penkhus
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

AEFCO Aviation Summer Experience with Bob Penkhus

I recently had the opportunity to speak with approximately 25 teens that are participating

in the Aviation Education Foundation of Colorado's (AEFCO) "Aviation Summer Experience" program at my airplane hangar in Colorado Springs. They were there to tour the facilities and ask me any questions they had related to aviation, including how I got interested in flight and how I use my King Air for both work and charitable causes.

Founded nearly seven years ago, the AEFCO "Aviation Summer Experience" is an eight-day program that's primary goal is to expose teenagers to as much aviation as possible and to educate them by taking part in actual flight-related activities, i.e. the "fun activities" associated with flying. They also offer a winter course, which deals with a ground coursework and meets twice a month during the school year. Students may participate in one or both programs should they desire and frequently, they continue on to the other.

In fact, several in the group have either already completed the AEFCO Private Pilot' ground school or have logged approximately 10 hours of flight instruction. Each young adult is serious about pursuing a career in the aviation field: roughly half the group is interested in a military-related career, while several others are seeking careers in missionary flight work.

Their primary goal is simple: to have every young adult fly everyday they take to the air. For example: Last year, students in the program took part in 140 flights, each lasting approximately an hour each over six of the eight days of the camp; half of the flight hours 70 were logged flight instruction that AEFCO provides.AEFCO Aviation Summer Experience with Bob Penkhus

I enjoyed my chat with all the young men and women and I wish them well in their future aviation endeavors!

Sincerely,

Bob Penkhus

Bob Penkhus Motors

1101 Motor City Drive

Colorado Springs, CO 8095

On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BobPenkhusAuto

On Twitter: @BobPenkhus (http://twitter.com/bobpenkhus)

Additional information can be found at the following websites

Aviation Education Foundation of Colorado (AEFCO): www.aefco.org

Young Eagle Association: www.youngeagles.org

By: AbstraktMG
Dressing Up At Halloween Night In Your Favorite Costume Is Great Fun Dress In The Ghost Halloween Costume To have A Good Occasion Book Cheap Flights: A Perfect Travel Guide Releasing Equity Mode Of Tax-free Income For Retirees Corbett National Park Tour With Delhi And Agra Rajasthan With Goa Tour Package Showcases The Best Of Indian Diversities The Most Memorable Holiday Traveler Versus Tourist The Enchanting golden Triangle Tour Landscaping in Pismo Beach Prepare To Be Mesmerized At The International Jewellery London Expo! Florida Spring Diving - Volume One Cheap Package Holidays: Visit The Whole World Through Cheap Packages Holidays
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.54.7) / Processed in 0.012588 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 32 , 2855, 954,