Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » A Quick Visit To Dubai And Abu Dhabi
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

A Quick Visit To Dubai And Abu Dhabi

A Quick Visit To Dubai And Abu Dhabi

So I arrived in Dubai during the winter when it was cooler

, around 20-25 C. I haven't been there for hot summer yet. People usually say that summer is a time to stay inside, with temperatures reaching 50C! However, there is basically air conditioning everywhere. One thing that surprised me the most about the climate was the sandstorms, Be careful when the wind picks up and sand blows around the streets and the sky.

One of the first things you'll notice about the city is that it's a boomtown with cranes and construction dotting the cityscape. The tallest building in the world, Burj Duba, is almost done and the Dubai Mall with its 1200+ stores, fish tanks, ice rinks, Mall of Emirates with skiing shows the boomtown aspect too. I think the extreme desert in the Middle East is mysterious and unlike anything you can experience in Europe or US.

To me there are 2 Dubai's. Firstly, there"s the "Old Dubai" with its souks and market that show the traditional city. Secondly, there's the flashy and newer Dubai with malls, luxury hotels , restaurants, including the enormous Atlantis Hotel.

Both are authentic and truly Dubai, just very different. UAE is a new country, and most development has been made since the discovery of oil in 50s and the unification of the Emirates in the early 70s.

Abu Dhabi has a huge development plan and will build The Louvre Museum (Affiliated to the Paris one), a Guggenheim, and a theater. They want to differentiate themselves by becoming the cultural capital of the region. The Emirates Palace Hotel is worth seeing and non-Muslims can visit the grand mosque which holds tours most days at 10 (not on Fridays, however). The Souk in Shangri-La has lots of great restaurants and bars, with views of water, mosque (& construction, of course!).

by: Splendia
Festivals In The Spanish Sunshine Fabulous Activities On The Sunshine Coast Top 8 Ways To Have The Most Stressful Holiday Possible Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas For Every Hobby Easiest Way To Locate A Taxi From Or To Heathrow Airport Holiday Family Fun On The Sunshine Coast Looking For Things To Do In Adelaide Plan Your Australian Vacation Campsite Cooking Prone To Air Or Sea Sickness? Take The Eurotunnel To France Airline Travel - How to Earn Free Flight With Rapid Rewards A Wet Trip On The Famous Routeburn Track Hotel Kasauli Resort
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.220.115.192) Stockholms Lan / Kista Processed in 0.012049 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 2023, 954,
A Quick Visit To Dubai And Abu Dhabi Kista