Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » A Physician Assistant In Africa Describes Her Unique Experience
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

A Physician Assistant In Africa Describes Her Unique Experience

"Hi, I am your Physician Assistant and I will be working in this medical mission with Dr

. Green and nurse Holtz. My name is Wanda and we will be helping to meet your medical needs until the end of this month." I introduced myself to a small village in South Africa. My team was assigned here for our medical mission. As a physician assistant, I provide care just like the doctor does.

A few hours after this quick introduction, my team and I started working. Dr. Green was soon occupied by doing head surgery on a boy who fell off a rock. I was then left alone examining patients. Most of the kids were malnourished and sickly. As I was getting almost done with the first half of the queue, a panting man was running toward me. He was bloody all over and worried about him. "Sir, are you alright?" I asked. "I'm ok but my wife isn't. She is under a tree right now." Thoughts run through my head.

"Is she injured?"

"No, she is not. She is not feeling well." He replied.A Physician Assistant In Africa Describes Her Unique Experience

"What's going on with her?" I asked again.

"Please come with me now." He panicked.

I stuffed my bag with all the surgical tools I had. Looking at this man, I thought that his wife might have a very serious injury. I looked up and looked around searching for the tree. I saw no tree anywhere. "I do not see a tree nearby."

"Maam, it was too heavy to carry her. I left her under the tree around three kilometers away from her." My mouth felt open at this statement.

I wanted to get there fast, so I took the ATV and he sat behind me. I drove as fast as I could until we reached the tree. The woman was shouting, "It's coming. It's coming."

The woman was having a baby. I didn't even consider this possibility. The man never mentioned anything about this. I didn't even have an extra blanket for the baby. Nonetheless, I started working for the woman already 10cm dilated and the baby was crowning. I guided her as she pushed and gave her a medio-lateral episiotomy. After several minutes, under the heat of the sun and the shade of this tree with very big leaves, a baby boy was born. I cut his umbilical cord, cleared his nose from mucus, wiped him and wrapped him with his mother's turban. After that, I delivered the placenta and stitched up the mother. The couple thanked me endlessly. It was their first child.

"Please wait here. I will be back with clean sheets for your baby," I told them and rode the ATV. As I drove back to the village I mused. This is one of the most interesting incidents in my career as a PA. It was not only my first time to deliver a baby alone but also it was my first time to deliver a baby under a tree.

I love being a Physician's Assistant, because my work can vary so much from day to day and I am able to help others in their time of need.

by: Caitlin Roberts
Practical Suggestions Regarding Kyoto Hotels : Hotel Rates Conveniences Accessibility To Tourist Att onam festival celebrations Learn London, England's Greatest Historical Buildings Along With Helpful Visit Points To Visitors Major Steps To Enjoy At Paradise Island, Cozumel Holidays While Saving And Enjoying Best Hours With Thinking Of A Chicago Excursion? Pay Attention To These Hints On How To Get Get Chicago Trip Deals Activites In London Kings Cross St Pancras Travel and Tourism Curriculum Explained Paradise Lost - the general drive for independence Poppers in Australia on Line Credit Card Offer Comparison Planning That Cheap Trip? Follow This Information On Ways To Land Get Travel Prices Where to find the BEST Poppers in Australia Researching A Wonderful Hawaii Summer Cruise? Check Out These Hints On Ways To Land Get Travel Packa
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.15.195.107) / Processed in 0.015024 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 2972, 954,