Insurances.net
insurances.net » Dental Insurance » A Firsthand Experience Of Visiting An Invisalign Dentist (Part 1)
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

A Firsthand Experience Of Visiting An Invisalign Dentist (Part 1)

A Firsthand Experience Of Visiting An Invisalign Dentist (Part 1)

Having heard so much talk recently in the media about Invisalign and their invisible braces I decided to visit an Invisalign dentist. London is home to many of Europe's finest dentists and best equipped dental surgeries, and this makes looking for an orthodontist in London a fairly straightforward task.

I had a look online to find a local dentist able to offer the Invisalign treatment, which was fairly easy. All of the Invisalign dentists seemed to offer a great service, and having chosen one I made an appointment for a preliminary checkup to see whether I would qualify for the teeth alignment process which they offer. I was keen to find out for myself what exactly is involved in the process, how long it would be likely to take, and how they compare to alternative treatments, such as those offered by dentists in the past.

As I am not a teenager, (very far from it!) I would be very anxious about wearing traditional metal wire braces. Although teenagers aren't fond of them either, somehow at that age you can get away with it easily enough, because so many other people of that age are also wearing them. But as you get older you become more aware of your appearance, especially in the world of business.

So whilst I was fully aware that my teeth were hardly Hollywood style, I would prefer to put up with overlapping teeth, crooked teeth and gaps than wear a very obvious metal brace. Especially when the average period of time needed to wear a metal brace, even during your teenage years, is three years.

So when I arrived to meet the Invisalign dentist in London I had plenty of questions. One of the first things I wanted to know was whether I would qualify for the Invisalign treatment. A cynical part of me assumed that everyone would 'qualify' and that the dentist would be happy to take on anyone, regardless of the state of their teeth or their suitability. However, I was surprised to hear that there are many reasons why both the dentist and the patient may decide that the Invisalign treatment is not suitable.

Dentists may not consider the treatment suitable for some people on either health grounds, or based on the amount of treatment needed. For minor work alternative treatments are available, and in more extreme cases it may be necessary to carry out other treatments, either before, after, or instead of the Invisalign teeth alignment process. After an examination of my teeth the dentist felt that my teeth and gums were in a healthy condition, and that this meant that I would be able to qualify on those grounds.

He did suggest that there wasn't a great deal wrong with my teeth, and that the process could easily correct those, and that there really wasn't any other option available to me. The problems I have are due to the fact that once my full set of adult teeth grew through I still had four milk teeth left, which meant my teeth grew fairly crooked. I also have five wisdom teeth (I have to be different don't I!) and so my teeth are slightly overlapped in places, and a bit crooked.

The dentist said that these imperfections, some of which mean that I tend to bit my cheek a little too often for me to enjoy a hot curry, could easily be corrected through the wearing of the braces. He estimated the treatment would take about eight to ten months, which amazed me. I didn't realise just how much quicker Invisalign braces are able to carry out the teeth alignment process. On average treatments are completed between a year and eighteen months, which effectively cuts the treatment time in half.

In the second part of this article I will describe how the Invisalign dentist in London was able to take a mould of my teeth, and what happened next. If you're interested in Invisalign, then I hope to offer more advice in helping you make an important decision.
Lake Worth Dentist - Help You To Recover From Wisdom Tooth Two options for whiter teeth San Diego Cosmetic Dentistry – Smile with Confidence Few Things To Know About Cosmetic Dentistry New, Non-Removable, Functional and Beautiful Teeth in a Day in Houston with the ‘All-On-Four' Dental Implant Technique Greenacres Dentist - A Perfect Dental World Multiple Choices in the field of operation of Dentist by the Progresses found in Cosmetic Dentistry Dental Insurance For Your Children? What To Look Out For When Choosing A Policy Visiting Your Quincy Dentist Dentistry for the entire family - the importance of oral health Oklahoma City Dentist Helping To Get Graceful Smile Cosmetic Dentistry Can Be Your Savior Get Your Teeth Corrected - Opt For Braces!
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.221.175.164) Noord-Holland / Amsterdam Processed in 0.014009 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 4010, 964,
A Firsthand Experience Of Visiting An Invisalign Dentist (Part 1) Amsterdam