Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » A Beary Special Miracle by:Patricia Twitchell
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

A Beary Special Miracle by:Patricia Twitchell

A Beary Special Miracle  by:Patricia Twitchell

(This story first appeared in Workplace Miracles - a book filled with a collection of stories from around the globe)

I have a secret that I'm going to share with you. I am a fifty year-old woman and I love teddy bears. Big ones, small ones, fat ones, skinny ones, long hair, short hair, mohair, bears with hats, bears with jackets, or just plain furry ones, I love them all.

Many years ago when I was a young woman going through a rough time in my life, I spotted a teddy bear while out shopping. I had to have it. On an impulse I bought the bear (which I really could not afford) and took it home with me. Every time I looked at my teddy bear, he made me smile and feel better. It was during this time that I tucked a dream in the back of my heart. My dream was to someday open my own shop filled with nothing but teddy bears.

After several years in the workplace and raising two sons on my own, I finally met my knight in shining armor. We were both ready to simplify our lives and since we both loved the country, some extensive searching enlightened us to a small town nestled in the mountains of Southern Oregon. Even though the time was not quite right, I knew that somehow I was moving closer to my dream. Indeed, this was the perfect place for a teddy bear shop.

Years later, after my husband retired, we were left with a small office building on the main street of our little town. The little dream tucked away in the back of my heart for all those years grew wings and soared. A new sign was painted for the building and "Just Bears & Stuff" became a reality.

Now, nine years later, I know that my instincts were right. I'm glad that I listened to my heart. I don't have one outstanding miracle to shareI have hundreds. Every person that walks through the door of my special little shop can feel itthat special "teddy bear feeling." Whether or not our customers have come to purchase a bear or just come to visit, we know that they will leave with smiles on their faces; teddy bears just make you feel good. Most every person that purchases a bear has a story. Our bears go to people who need comfort in times of illness or loss. Our bears go to people for joyful occasions or milestones in their lives.

Sometimes people, young or old, will make a purchase just because they need a teddy bear to get them through a bad day. These people are among my favorites because, in them, I see myself all those years ago when that first teddy bear came home with me and whispered in my ear, telling me that my dream for the future could come true. I'm glad that I listenedthat fuzzy bear was right!

--

Publishing Guidelines: You may publish my article in your newsletter, on your web site, or in your print publication provided you include the resource box at the end. Notification would be appreciated but is not required.

About the author

Patricia Twitchell is the proprietor of Just Bears and Stuff, a unique gift shop located in Myrtle Creek, Oregon. Nestled in the scenic mountains, it is a favorite place to visit for people from all over the country. Receive "Beary Special Moments" a free online teddy bear facts and tips e-zine by visiting www.justbearsandstuff.com.

Workplace Miracles is a collection of thoughts by Lori Giovannoni and Kathleen Gage and of stories from around the globe that are sure to shift your perception. You can't help but be encouraged to create your own miracles. To learn more or order the book visit www.kathleengage.com

manager@justbearstuff.com
Nine Sure Fire Ways to Boost Your Career by:Dr. Tom Olson Taking Time Off For Your Business by:Wendy Y. Bailey - Personal/Business Coach When to invest in the Stock Market by:Charles M. O'Melia Business & Career: Know Your Ruling Star! by:James Clayton Napier Did You Hear The One About The Funny Quiz That Was Walking Past a Graveyard? by:Brian Fong Work Priorities: Where Can You Spend Your Time Most Effectively? by:John Robertson Growing Faster Than Your Cash Flow? Let Factoring Fund Your Next Expansion! by:Marty Milan Cross Cultural Solutions for International Business by:Neil Payne Costly Web Copy Pitfalls by:Vanessa Selene Williams 9 Ways To Outsmart An Identity Thief by:Andrew Obremski How to Keep PR Working for You by:Robert A. Kelly Is Your Money Keeping Up With Inflation? by:Carlos T. Fernandez No Income Verification Home Equity Loan by:Levetta Rivera
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.225.11.98) Ljubljana / Ljubljana Processed in 0.012786 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 3741, 973,
A Beary Special Miracle by:Patricia Twitchell Ljubljana