Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » 7 Ways A Book Can Boost Your Business
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

7 Ways A Book Can Boost Your Business

7 Ways A Book Can Boost Your Business

Have you written your non-fiction business-building book yet

? Why not? It's definitely worth the effort to become a book author. Your book can position you as the expert in your field, generate online (and offline) publicity for your business or professional practice.

Here are 7 suggestions for using your book that will make you more money, whether its a digital e-book or print version, whether you plan to self publish your book or not, whatever book market youre targeting:

(1) Say thanks with your book. Brainstorm a list of people whove already helped youwho will probably be able to help again in the future. Give them a copy of your book to use for their business. Or, say thanks for the referrals with your book.

If its printed, autograph each copy. Include a personal note from you. Generate some publicity, too. People will talk about the book you gave them, especially because its been personalized (and that got it for free as thanks).

(2) Freely give out an e-book (digital version) based on excerpts from the print version of your book. Capitalize on viral marketing by making selected excerpts into an e-book available as an opt-in at your website or distributed via specialized websites offering free e-books.

Provide valuable information for your readers. But, be careful. Don't reveal all your how-to secrets in the e-book. Save them for your paid version. Tell why and what, not how, in your viral version. Use your excerpted free e-book to entice people to visit your website to buy the paid version of your book.

(3) Bribe people with your book. If youd like to get some people to help you but you dont have money to pay them, use your book as a bribe to get them to provide their services for free.

If youre looking to get help from experts, for example, offer to customize a digital version of your book by adding each persons name as a contributor. Add a few pages to their personal version containing their words of wisdom. If they dont want to write anything, interview them to draw forth some ideas that you put down on paper for them. They've now become co-authors or contributors to your book.

And, youll benefit from their services without having to blow your budget. Win-Win.

(4) Donate copies of your printed book to be used as prizes at a local business event. Who doesnt love freebies, especially organizations that dont have the money to pay for prizes? The organization gets to increase attendance at their event by using your books to attract attention. You get publicity when your book and your name are mentioned at prize time. And, the winners who get your books will tell others about your great information, further spreading the word about you and your business.

If youll be attending the event, offer to autograph the books for the winners, too. If youre not going to be there, you can still autograph the books in advance, but without the personalization for the winners.

(5) Create a series of articles from your book to use in your own e-zine or send them out into cyberspace via e-zine and article directories, announcement services. Article marketing is a fabulous way to generate publicity, sell copies of your book, get new clients for your practice, and so on.

The cost is mostly time, rather than money, if you put together and distribute the articles yourself. Or, spend a bit of money to have someone else write the articles and have an assistant or article service distribute the articles.

(6) Turn your book into a course. Enjoy teaching, but never seem to find the time to develop a new course? Well, heres another use for your book. Transform it into a course by adding some exercises and examples, weekly assignments, worksheets, self-quizzes, etc.

If you want to teach the course live, use your converted book to guide your students. If you prefer online teaching, digitalize your book. Dont want to be directly involved in teaching? Create a course that your students can use on their own. Many people like the self-study approach.

(7) Laugh it up! Think funny. Develop a shorter version of your non-fiction book...with a humorous twist to it. If youre artistically-skilled, add some cartoons or witty illustrations. If youre artistically-challenged like I am, add humor with your words.

I turned my own business writing book into a really funny take-off by looking at collections from Mad Magazine and similar high-brow literature for inspiration. I had even more fun writing the humorous version than I did creating the original serious version.

My favorite takeoff in the humorous book was when I used my medical background to develop a fake ad for WRITAGRA to treat debilitating writers block. I havent done any funny versions of my other books yet, but I probably will. My personal challenge is that Im not all that inherently funny, although Im less humor-challenged than I am artistically-challenged.

Some of these 7 methods require print copies of your book. With modern technology, you can get a relatively small number of copies printed at a reasonable cost to use for marketing purposes. Just make sure your distribution of print copies is well targeted, so you dont waste your money.

If youre using a digital version of your book, dont worry about costs. Theyre minimal. So, liberally use your digital e-book to make more money!

Which method will you start with for your own print book marketing or e-book marketing activities? How will becoming a book author boost your business, make more money for your professional practice?

by: Dr Alicejane Lippner
The Best Ways To Use The Internet To Make Money Selling Online Changed The Lives Of Our Family Cpa Affiliate Networks And Tiered Commission Structures The Ultimate Business Model It Is Safer To Purchase Through The Online Stores Book Using Online Bookstores Benefits Of Online Phone Cards How To Select The Right Chess Set! The process of from a person with nothing to a millionaire in Aion online Take A Tour Of Latest Cheap Calling Plans With Voip E-lottery: -a Experienced E-lottery Odds System Deadly Mistakes About Web Hosting Destination
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.221.98.71) Stockholms Lan / Kista Processed in 0.006142 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 42 , 5743, 973,
7 Ways A Book Can Boost Your Business Kista