Insurances.net
insurances.net » Accident Insurance » 5 Softball Pitching Tips to Help Avoid Injury
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

5 Softball Pitching Tips to Help Avoid Injury

No matter what level of pitcher you are, injury is a real possibility. Use these tips to help you avoid injuries throughout your career:

1. Keep your elbows tight to your side. There should not be much gap between your elbow and the side of your body during the windmill. In fact, your elbow will brush or almost brush the side of your body at release. If you can see daylight between your body and your elbow, you are at risk of injuring your arm and shoulder.

2. Finish the pitch. Do not stop your pitching motion as soon as the pitch leaves your hand. Finish your follow-through and allow your arm to decelerate naturally. A jarring stop right at release puts unnecessary pressure on your shoulder.

3. Stand tall. This is one you'll hear over and over again throughout your career as a pitcher, and for good reason. Not only is it difficult to consistently throw accurate pitches when leaning forward, you put yourself at added risk of injury. Leaning forward during your pitch puts strain on your back at an unnatural angle and should be avoided at all costs.

4. Take breaks and don't overdo it. It is common for a traveling softball pitcher to be asked to pitch 2 or three games in a single weekend. Couple this with poor mechanics and you put yourself at risk of a repetitive motion or strain injury. If you feel pain during your pitching motion in a game, let your coach know immediately. The same thing goes for practice...While practice makes perfect, too much practice can burn out your arm and cause you to lose speed and accuracy. Take the day before a game off or only throw a light session of practice.

5. Warm-up. Most pitchers don't like warm-up and tend to rush through it or skip it altogether. These pitchers put themselves at added risk of injury. A good warm-up prepares the muscles for the explosive motion of pitching. A good warm-up routine will include stretching, throwing and running until the muscles are warm. I've seen pitchers throw a couple pitches from halfway and say that's all they need to warm up. This is worrisome because they then move into full speed pitching from the mound without any further preparation.
# 2 I recently tried buy cbd cream online after the blue ribbon control and was pleasantly surprised past the results. Initially skeptical, I found that it significantly helped with my desire and sleep issues without any notable side effects. The lubricator was serene to speak, with legible dosage instructions. It had a merciful, lusty leaning that was not unpleasant. Within a week, I noticed a patent convalescence in my overall well-being, feeling more serene and rested. I cognizant the natural approximate to wellness CBD offers and plan to go on using it.   2024-2-20 02:51  reply
# 3 I recently tried CBD gummies from this website gummies cbd as a replacement for the prime leisure and was pleasantly surprised next to the results. Initially skeptical, I found that it significantly helped with my anxiety and slumber issues without any remarkable side effects. The lubricator was serene to utter, with nitid dosage instructions. It had a mild, earthy liking that was not unpleasant. Within a week, I noticed a marked increase in my total well-being, ardour more serene and rested. I cognizant the unstudied technique to wellness CBD offers and procedure to go on using it.   2024-3-29 16:09  reply
What You Need To Do In A Hit And Run Accident To Claim Car Insurance Ask A Lyons Snyder Personal Injury Attorney Fort Lauderdale: What Is My Auto Accident Worth? See A Chiropractor After A Car Accident Car Accident Attorneys Buford Auto Accident Attorney Irving Tx Invaluable Help For Accident Victims Best Palm Springs Romantic Places and Places for Romance by Palm Springs Truck Accident Lawyer Sebastian Gibson Best Defendant's Insurance Company Makes Low Offer To Plaintiff Hurt In Suv Accident Personal Injury Lawyers Advise Accident Victims Los Angeles Auto Accident Attorney Saves Your Right Core Factors For Auto Accident Legal Help - The Basics Best 2010 Top Rancho Santa Margarita Area Bars by Rancho Santa Margarita Car Accident Lawyer Sebastian Gibson Hire An Auto Accident Lawyer To Get Your Claim Handled Right
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.116.13.113) Oregon / Beaverton Processed in 0.013078 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 2290, 974,
Beaverton