Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » 2010 Mid-American Conference Football Predictions
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

2010 Mid-American Conference Football Predictions

We are getting closer and closer to the start of another exciting college football season, and while a lot of the attention in the offseason has been made around the big conferences trying to add teams, I am going to focus my attention on the Mid-American Conference (MAC). The MAC has had its ups and downs over the past few seasons. They come into the 2010 season looking to improve off a down year, and with a lot of the schools looking like they will be much better than they were in 2009, it figures to be a strong year of football for this conference. With that here are my 2010 MAC Football predictions.

MAC East Predictions:

1.) Temple Owls The Owls have to feel like they would have been the ones playing Central Michigan in the Conference Championship game had their star running back Bernard Pierce not missed the game with an injury, as they were a perfect 7-0 in conference play heading up to that point. They have 16 starters back, and in my opinion are the team to beat this season.2010 Mid-American Conference Football Predictions

2.) Kent State Golden Flashes A lot of experts have Ohio slated in the No.2 spot in the East, but I think we are going to see some big improvements from the Golden Flashes this season. They have 15 starters back from a team that went 4-4 in conference play, including a big upset on the road over Ohio. There is a chance they could win the conference as they get both Temple and Ohio at home this season.

3.) Ohio Bobcats I don't think the Bobcats will be back in the MAC title game this season, as they have just 12 starters back. There are high expectations for junior quarterback Phil Bates, who transferred to the Bobcats from Iowa State, and will be the leader the offense in 2010. If Bates exceeds expectations the Bobcats could be even better on the offensive side of the ball this season.

4.) Miami RedHawks It's unlikely you will find a lot of people picking the Redhawks this high in the East division, but with 19 starters back for the 2010 season I believe this will be the most improved team in the MAC this season. The key will be for sophomore quarterback Zac Dysert to cut back on his turnovers, as he had just 12 touchdown passes to 16 interceptions in 2009.

5.) Buffalo Bulls The Bulls had a big drop off after winning the MAC in 2008, as they went just 3-5 in conference play last season. This year they welcome in a new head coach in Jeff Quinn. They do have 15 starters returning, including 8 on the defensive side of the ball that allowed just 23.8 points a game last season. I will not be surprised at all if the Bulls finish higher than I have them pegged here.

6.) Bowling Green Falcons I expect a big drop off for the Green Falcons in 2010, as they have just 8 starters back. Don't get me wrong there is quite a bit of talent on this team, but I think they are too young to compete with the top schools in this conference.

7.) Akron Zips The Zips had a rough go of things winning just 2 conference games in 2009. They too welcome in a new head coach, as Rob Ianello takes over. Still not a lot to get excited about for the Zips this season, as they have just 13 starters back.

MAC West Predictions:

1.) Northern Illinois Huskies I believe that the Huskies are the most talented team in the West this season, but they are going to have to take care of a tough schedule if they are going to live up to my expectations and win the West. They must travel to take on both Western Michigan and Ball State.

2.) Western Michigan Broncos The Broncos likely have the best shot at winning the West if the Huskies fail to deliver. They might only have 13 starters back for the 2010 season, The key will be sophomore quarterback Alex Carder, who takes over for the departed Tim Hiller.

3.) Ball State Cardinals -The Cardinals are a bit of a sleeper in the West this season, as not a lot of people are picking them to win the division after going just 2-10 last season, but with 19 starters back you have to think this team will be one of the most improved in the conference.

4.) Toledo Rockets The Rockets only have 12 starters back from last year, but still figure to be in the hunt this year in the West. I have some pretty high expectations for sophomore quarterback Austin Dantin and junior running back Morgan Williams. The problem will be the defense could end up losing games for the Rockets in 2010.2010 Mid-American Conference Football Predictions

5.) Central Michigan Chippewas I do not think we will see the Chippewas defend their 2009 MAC title, as they are likely in a bit of a rebuilding mode under new head coach Dan Enos. While the offense returns 7 starters, they must replace their best player in quarterback Dan LeFevour, who not only led the team with 3438 passing yards and 28 touchdowns, but he was the leading rusher with 713 yards and 15 rushing scores.

6.) Eastern Michigan Eagles There is a chance that the Eagles could find their way out of the bottom of the West division. They get rival Central Michigan at home on a down year, which could end up deciding who finishes the season in the basement of the MAC West.

MAC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME: Temple Owls defeat Northern Illinois Huskies

If you are interested in betting the MAC this season, be sure to check out our college football odds page each week for the best lines available. For a look at who Jack Jone's thinks will finish in the top 10 this season, take a look at our 2010 NCAA football predictions.
2010 London Voyage Guide Regarding Getting Price Cuts, Picking, Including Booking Accommodations Plu 2010 London Visit Pointers Pertaining To Getting Price Deals, Selecting, Including Chartering Hotels 2010 London Visit Help To Getting Price Deals, Picking, Including Chartering Hotels And Other Things 2010 London Visit Help To Economizing, Picking, As Well As Booking Hotels And Other Things To Do 2010 London Trip Suggestions For Getting Great Deals, Choosing, Plus Chartering Accommodations And A 2010 London Travel Secrets Pertaining To Getting Price Cuts, Picking, And Chartering Accommodations 2010 London Travel Secrets About Getting Great Deals, Picking, And Reserving Hotels And A Lot More 2010 London Travel Info To Saving, Picking, And Booking Accommodations Plus Other Tips 2010 London Travel Help Regarding Getting The Best Prices, Selecting, As Well As Making Arrangements 2010 London Travel Help On Getting Price Cuts, Selecting, Plus Making Arrangements For Hotels And Ot 2010 London Tourist Tips On Getting The Best Rates, Picking, Including Making Arrangements For Accom 2010 London Tourist Secrets In Getting Price Deals, Selecting, Including Booking Accommodations And 2010 London Tourist Info On Getting The Best Prices, Selecting, As Well As Chartering Hotels Plus Ot
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.119.255.44) Wyoming / Casper Processed in 0.016269 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 36 , 5597, 954,
2010 Mid-American Conference Football Predictions Casper