Insurances.net
insurances.net » Personal Insurance » What Should I do After Suffering a Personal Injury?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

What Should I do After Suffering a Personal Injury?

What Should I do After Suffering a Personal Injury

?

The very first thing you should do if you have been seriously injured in an accident is receive medical attention. Even if your injuries do not seem obvious, you should get checked out by a medical doctor. Some injuries, such as traumatic brain injury or neck injuries, do not manifest symptoms for days or weeks after the accident. If you have been in an auto accident such as a rear-end collision, you may think you simply suffered a bit of whiplash, but there could actually be damage to your spinal cord that only diagnostic tests performed by a doctor will indicate.

Finding a Personal Injury Lawyer

After you have been seen by a medical doctor, you should contact an experienced personal injury lawyer if you have been injured due to someone else's negligence. A personal injury lawyer works on a contingency basis, which means he or she does not get paid unless you get a settlement or a jury determines you are owed an award. If your personal injury lawyer does not "win" your case, then he does not get paid. It's that simple. In the rare cases that a personal injury lawyer will charge certain fees even if your case is not won, this will all be discussed during your initial consultation.What Should I do After Suffering a Personal Injury?

If you have suffered a personal injury, you should research personal injury lawyers in your area and ask around to friends and family regarding lawyers they have had good experiences with in the past. Many legal websites have testimonials pages. Testimonials are short statements by clients attesting to the value of the personal injury lawyer. You can often find reviews of business also on the Internet, and since personal injury law is a business, you may be able to find some reviews of a law firm you are considering.

Most local bar associations have referral services in which the names of lawyers are available, arranged by legal specialty. There is a wide variation in the quality of lawyer referral services, however, even though they are supposed to be approved by the state bar association. Some lawyer referral services carefully screen attorneys and list only those attorneys with particular qualifications and a certain amount of past experience, while other services will list any attorney in good standing with the state bar who maintains liability insurance. Before you choose a lawyer referral service, ask what its qualifications are for including an attorney and how carefully lawyers are screened.

If you live in Orlando, Florida and need an experienced personal injury lawyer, please visit the website of the Law Offices of Michael V. Barszcz, M.D., J.D. today to schedule a confidential consultation.
Becoming a Personal Stylist or Shopper Why It Is Best To Use An MN Personal Injury Attorney Personal Injury: What Are Good Samaritan Laws? When to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney? Hiring the Right Personal Injury Attorney How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help Me? Personal Injuries Attorney Necessary When Damage on the Position Personal Injury – Legal Negligence Personal Injury insurance Company Conserve a Several Bucks Transforming Your Personal Oil Who Needs Personal Shoppers? Caregivers Are Very Special People With Great Personal Skills Benefits of Having a Personal Mentor / Guide In Your Life
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.186.6) / Processed in 0.011916 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 2748, 967,