Insurances.net
insurances.net » Accident Insurance » What Causes Bus Accidents by:Mark Dacanay
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

What Causes Bus Accidents by:Mark Dacanay

What Causes Bus Accidents by:Mark Dacanay

School bus accidents are more tragic than other road accidents because it involves children

School buses are one of the biggest mass transportation in the United States. School bus accidents account for around 6,000 injuries and about 20 deaths every year. Of those 20 deaths, approximately 15 are children. Because of the size of the bus they are riding, school bus accidents can cause catastrophic injuries and even death.

Every year, about 24 million students ride the school bus and there are about 500,000 school buses roaming the streets of the United States. Although school bus accidents are not as common as other vehicular accidents, it is still a big possibility.

School bus accidents can happen while children are boarding or exiting the bus or while they are riding the bus.What Causes Bus Accidents by:Mark Dacanay

School bus accidents while children are boarding/exiting the bus

School buses make a lot of stops to allow passengers to board or exit the bus. As a result of these frequent stops, it also exposes the school bus to a lot more dangers.

Here are some of the problems encountered while school bus is on a stop:

Miscalculation of the driver - The school bus driver has a lot of blind sides because of the sheer size of the bus. If the driver miscalculates the distance while he/she is pulling up, he/she may hit someone too close to the curb or someone from the behind.

Other Drivers' actions - Even if the school bus driver is careful when pulling up on a stop, other drivers may not be gracious enough to give the school bus its right of way and hit it while it is making a stop. That can result to injuries or even death to both the passengers and those that are about to board or exit the bus

School bus accidents while children are riding the bus

A lot of school buses are not equipped with safety belts and use the concept of compartmentalization. This refers to the structure where the children are surrounded in a compartment of pads and reinforced seat. Unfortunately, this is only effective if the child is placed securely on the seat and knowing how children behave, that is often not the case. In addition, although it is effective for frontal collisions, it gives little protection to lateral impacts or side collisions.

As previously mentioned, the size of a school bus creates a lot of blind spots for the driver and if he/she is inattentive this may cause him to not see an approaching vehicle.

Although it is easy to blame the driver, we should also remember that he/she is also trying to manage the children while driving, which in turn decreases his/her focus on the road.

Most common causes of school bus accidents

Here is a list of the most common causes of school bus accidents that may be considered as a neglectful action:

Driver's lack of training

Overloaded bus

Unmaintained or poorly maintained school bus

Fatigue or sleepiness

Speeding

Other driver's failure to yield the right of way for school buses

Aggressive driving by the school bus driver

DUIWhat Causes Bus Accidents by:Mark Dacanay

Defective or lack of safety equipments such as reflectors and warning devices.

If your child was hurt because of a school bus accident, consult a personal injury attorney to help you find who is liable for the accident.

About the author

To pursue claims for school bus accident, get help from our skilled personal injury lawyers. Visit our website at http://www.personalinjurylawyerinc.com/Bus-Accidents.html and avail of our free case consultation.
# 2 I recently tried buy cbd cream for the pre-eminent control and was pleasantly surprised past the results. Initially skeptical, I found that it significantly helped with my dread and slumber issues without any noticeable side effects. The lubricator was unoppressive to speak, with definite dosage instructions. It had a indulgent, shameless grain that was not unpleasant. Within a week, I noticed a decided improvement in my overall well-being, instinct more serene and rested. I appreciate the regular technique to wellness CBD offers and aim to continue using it.   2024-2-20 17:30  reply
Auto Accident Attorney: Prepare To Speak With One After A Crash Building Evacuated As Result Of Auto Accident Road Accident Claims Involving Uninsured Drivers The Efficiency Level Of Auto Accident Attorneys - Saying Yes To The Best! Cell Phones- Leading Cause Of Road Accidents by:Dev Kon Accident Claim Solicitor - What Does My Auto Accident Consultant Need From Me? Car Accident Injury Claims - 2 Of The Most Frequent Car Wreck Injuries What To Do If Injured In An Accident As A Child But You Did Not Make A Claim For The Whiplash Injury What To Expect From Insurance Companies When It Comes To Accidents? Finding The Most Beneficial Accident Sickness Insurance For You Personal Accident: A Must For Everyone Accident Injurys Need To Be Discussed With An Auto Accident Injury Attorney Car Accident Attorney: When To Hire One
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(34.205.142.9) / Processed in 0.014712 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 52 , 3765, 974,