Insurances.net
insurances.net » Boat Insurance » Slow Night Boat To Koh Samui
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Slow Night Boat To Koh Samui

The King doesn't rule, he reigns! the pompous ex-pat yelled at me from across the deck

. Still, it didn't bother me in the least. I was on my favorite mode of transportation: the slow night boat from Koh Samui to Sura Thani, Thailand. There are two boats, I suppose, each traveling opposite each other at night. And the boat only travels at night. I don't think passengers are allowed above deck, and even if they are, there's only a tiny place to stand. You go directly below deck, where you find there are no windows, tables, chairs, or even a place to get snacks (so bring your own). There are only two very long rows of mattresses (with clean, fresh bedding and pillows), and no curtains to separate you from your next mat neighbor either.

Sound horrible? Well, it's the night boat and I always loved it. The Gulf of Siam is very tranquil, for one thing, so when the lights are dimmed, all you can hear is the hum of the engine and all you feel is a gentle baby rocking from the long, lazy waves. Nobody talks and it's utter peace (the ex-pat shut up long ago). Visions of Koh Samui's green still crisscross your mind, and since Sura Thani is no one's idea of a destination, where you are ultimately going is still too far ahead of you to keep you awake with excitement. It doesn't take long for a lullaby sleep.

Before you know it the ship anchoring at pier awakes you, and the Sura Thani markets are there to greet you with smiles and a pleasant breakfast of rice gruel, chili pepper, Thai (really Chinese but who's counting?) pickles, and soft-boiled eggs. Ah, the night boat! I wonder if it's still around?

By: Dinah Jackson
Satellite Tv For Boats Boating for Neophytes - Following the Lifelong Ideal Sailing on a Yacht is a magnificent experience in its own Private Boat Hire – the Ultimate Party Option in SydneyPrivate Boat Hire – the Ultimate Party Option in Sydney Boat Owners Spring Time Checklist Dutch Sailing Girl Laura still sailing around the world Where You Can Go to Learn Sailing? How To Choose Bayliner Boats Build Your Own Model Boat - Looking for this? Is Shipping By Airplane Always Better Than By Boat? Skua Glacier: Remote, by Boat Why Boating Accessories are Necessary for a Successful Outing Boating Equipment-What Are The Necessities?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.137.161.222) / Processed in 0.012023 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 8 , 1770, 977,