Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » She And Him Tickets - Take 2 For She & Him
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

She And Him Tickets - Take 2 For She & Him

The country-meets-folk project She and Him featuring singer/songwriter M

. Ward (also part of supergroup Monsters of Folk) and actress Zooey Deschanel is shaping up to be more than a one-time collaboration. Billboard online reports that She & Him will be back with a new release in 2010. The follow-up to the pair's 2008 debut album Volume 1 is aptly titled Volume 2, and features 10 original songs and two covers: Skeeter Davis' "Gonna Get Along without You" and NRBQ's "Ridin' In My Car."

The 13-track album will arrive via Merge on March 23, 2010. Volume 2 is comprised of "Thieves," "In the Sun," "Don't Look Back," "Ridin' In My Car," "Lingering Still," "Me and You," "Gonna Get Along With You," "Home," "I'm Gonna Make It Better," "Sing," "Over It Over Again," "Brand New Shoes" and "If You Can't Sleep." Although the duo has yet to announced touring plans, keep checking online for She & Him tickets.

Deschanel and Ward wrote and recorded Volume 2 over the past year, dividing their time between her native Los Angeles and his native Portland, with Deschanel penning the original songs and Ward handling the production aspect of the album. Billboard website reports that She & Him's sophomore effort will continue the 1970s-inspired production and feel of Volume 1, with the addition of strings and a cameo by Tilly & the Wall. Deschanel, who recently wed Death Cab for Cutie's Ben Gibbard, had previously hinted that she and Ward would be resurrecting She & Him for a new album, but the news was only made official in early December.

Volume 1 has sold 176,000, according to Nielsen SoundScan, and landed She & Him high profile gigs at festivals like South by Southwest, the Newport Folk Festival and the Virgin Festival, with the duo recruiting a full band to perform with them on the road. Although it has been almost two years since the arrival of Volume 1, She & Him hasn't been entirely dormant, as the duo contributed a cover of the Smiths' "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want" to the soundtrack for the film (500) Days of Summer, starring Deschanel. She And Him Tickets - Take 2 For She & Him

M. Ward also released a solo album earlier this year, titled Hold Time, and appeared as part of Monsters of Folk along with Bright Eyes' Conor Oberst and Mike Mogis and My Morning Jacket frontman Jim James. Despite the group members' folk backgrounds, Monsters of Folk came together in 2004 and began making music that can most accurately be described as classic rock. Monsters of Folk released their eponymous debut album this September, and the group recently wrapped up a tour of North America.

Deschanel and Ward met in 2007, when director Martin Hynes asked them to duet on a song for his film The Go-Getter, starring Deschanel (who previously showed off her vocal skills in the 2003 film Elf). The pair's cover of Richard & Linda Thompson's "When I Get to the Border" was such a success that Deschanel and Ward subsequently entered Ward's Portland studio to record the actress' solo material. The eventual album was 2008's Volume 1, and the rest is folk-country history.

by: Brent Warnken
How to reset 'sa' password if SQL Password is lost/forgotten/unknown? I don't want the Beatles...just give me salmon Don't Get Stressed With Booklet Printing: Use These Easy Tools How To Save A Marriage - It's Not Too Late How To Get Rid Of Belly Fat - A Beginner's Guide Les Détecteurs D'alarmes Letting Go of the Smaller Stuff & Looking at the Bigger Picture Valentine's Day: From Saints to Ecards Let's Look At Some Detox Friendly Essential Oils Should Gordon Brown have used the 'C' Word? Car Rental With Special Needs Prevent And Treat Heartburn & Acid Reflux Before It Gets Out Of Control Want To Refurbish Your Vehicle For Enhanced Performance?pursue Aftermarket Auto Parts
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(54.198.146.224) / Processed in 0.013079 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 3231, 952,