Insurances.net
insurances.net » Medical Insurance » Medicare Supplemental Insurance - Can My Medigap Company Drop Me?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Medicare Supplemental Insurance - Can My Medigap Company Drop Me?

This is a question that comes up frequently among people who have held Medicare Supplemental Insurance for a long time

. In the early 1990s and before, some aspects of Medigap insurance were not yet standardized. Some elements would occasionally change, and it was difficult to ensure that a policyholder always had the correct information. For example, there were once fourteen or more different kinds of Medigap insurance. As time has gone on, several have been eliminated, but they may still be held by those who had them at the time when they were phased out. Issues like this were common.

The same category of policyholders -- those who have had Medicare Supplemental Insurance for many years -- occasionally run into difficulties with companies that want to drop them. However, the vast majority of new Medigap policies are "guaranteed renewable." That means that your Medigap insurance company simply cannot drop you unless there are extraordinary reasons in play. If you first purchased your Medigap insurance policy after 1992, it falls under the protection of this "guaranteed renewable" clause. However, that does not mean that it is completely impossible for you to lose your Medigap coverage in other situations. Here's more information.

The most common way that someone might find their Medicare supplemental insurance revoked is if they stop paying their monthly premium. It should come as no surprise that non-payment allows a company to release you from your Medigap policy, and this may lead to collection action. If you're having trouble paying for your policy, you can seek assistance through your state government or local humanitarian organizations. You can also negotiate for lower payments with the insurance company itself. Beyond this, policies are usually revoked only if the applicant has been dishonest on the original application. This is also fairly rare.

The last situation in which you can lose your Medicare Supplemental Insurance is when your insurance agency goes bankrupt. Quite simply, a bankrupt or insolvent agency is not able to maintain its obligations in regards to your insurance policy -- or any other. Although this is the least likely possibility, it does happen from time to time. In many cases, a struggling agency will be purchased by another, larger agency that will be able to continue your insurance with no problem. If this is not the case, though, you will have to switch agencies before your current company closes its doors.

by: vewiser
The Basic Breast Reduction Surgery Information Tips To Find Cheap Medical Supply Online Online Medicare Supplemental Plans From Top Insurance Company Breast Augmentation: Best Times To Schedule Surgery Breast Surgery - Fixing A Previous Augmentation Medical Supplies Westminster Are Available Online To Serve Your Needs Breast Surgery: Different Procedures Breast Surgery - Removing A Lump Breast Plastic Surgery: Learn The Various Types Of Treatment Available Need For Medical Insurance In Todays World Attain The Figure You Desire With Breast Enlargement Surgery Choose The Right Type Of Breast Implant For Augmentation Surgery You Must Have Medical Care Insurance
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.226.222.12) Tehran / Tehran Processed in 0.012783 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 8 , 2548, 963,
Medicare Supplemental Insurance - Can My Medigap Company Drop Me? Tehran