Insurances.net
insurances.net » Personal Insurance » Invest In Your Interpersonal Skills
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Invest In Your Interpersonal Skills

Working in the field of personal development is a personally rewarding experience

. When a client calls to tell me that her interview went well and that she really spoke up about her achievements (this time), it makes me feel great. A breakthrough, the benefit of individual coaching has paid off.

There are many talented and highly qualified people out there looking for work. You can imagine that in a recession there are even more talented and qualified people out there fighting for every position. Even in the times of a buoyant economy over 30% of people in work are looking for alternative work. What does this mean to you? Quite simply it means that you first of all need a great CV to get your foot in the door and secondly, you will need a first class interviewing technique to secure the job. The pressure on the candidate is more intense now than for many years.

It's interesting that many highly qualified and talented people are not in work and in my experience of working and coaching them there are a number of consistent themes that come across time after time.

Talent is great! I wish I had more of it. Academic qualifications are great and I wish I had more of that too. But these attributes alone will not secure the job. It is the people that are best prepared, demonstrate the most drive and desire and are the most persuasive that get the jobs. In the recession, it is a buyer's market and you have maybe thirty to forty-five minutes to shine in the interview.Invest In Your Interpersonal Skills

I recently worked with a group of graduates from a leading university in the South of England. None of the group actually knew each other (which accounted for why they initially seemed a little timid) and none of them had managed to secure an internship in the holidays. They all brought their CVs along and I managed to have a good look at their achievements, which were academically outstanding. I had never seen so many straight A students in my life. But what very quickly became apparent during the sessions was that they were all totally focused on themselves, their studies and interests and not really focused on the nature of the businesses that they were applying too.

A degree in Nordic Mythology is not a good fit in the world of retail management. But a degree in Nordic Mythology is a good fit for being employed in a museum which promotes the history of the Vikings etc. But to work in a museum these days, the requirements are quite staggering.Invest In Your Interpersonal Skills

You need great commercial skills to run exhibitions, you need great communication skills to get sponsors on side; you need to have great customer-facing skills to look after the people who attend your exhibitions. And it was these types of skills that were lacking. The basic every day business skills that would help the business grow and flourish.

When we discussed this, there was an enormous groan of resentment. The interpersonal skills were lacking and they were almost unemployable. One of them suggested that eye-contact was not a requirement if you planned to spend your career with your head in a book. At least that's what he said at his last interview, and not surprisingly he didn't get the job.

If you go for a job interview, you must demonstrate that you can add value to that company's bottom line. You must be confident and sell yourself and your skills. Book knowledge is fantastic, I wish I had more. The question always is: how can I turn that knowledge into value? How can I apply it to this business? How can I effectively repay their investment in me?

by: Vince Stevenson
Sow How Does The Personal Injury Lawsuit Funding Function? Claims For Personal Injury Made Easy Tool For The Personal Trainer: Goniometry The Things You Need To Know Before Filing A Personal Injury Claims How Personal Injury Cases Are Handled By An Attorney In San Diego, Ca Cleveland Browns vs Detroit Lions Live NFL Watch Online Coverage NFL Preseason Match Kick-Off The Benefits Of Hiring A Personal Injury Attorney In St. Paul Mn Getting Back on Track With A Personal Injury Lawyer Finding A Good Personal Injury Attorney! Getting The Right Compensation With A Good Personal Injury Attorney Claim Personal Injury Damages With Correct Legal Help If You Own A Pet In The Uk Get Pet Insurance Benefits Of Working With A Personal Injury Lawyer
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(54.198.45.0) / Processed in 0.013459 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 3681, 967,