Insurances.net
insurances.net » Housing Insurance » I Recently Bought a New House. What Happens Under Life Insurance, Trauma Cover or Income Protection Policies?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

I Recently Bought a New House. What Happens Under Life Insurance, Trauma Cover or Income Protection Policies?

I Recently Bought a New House. What Happens Under Life Insurance, Trauma Cover or Income Protection Policies?

Whether you've bought your first house ever, switched back to being an owner from being a renter, or bought a second, third or fourth property ... everybody wants to know about it! There are tax considerations, investment returns and simple logistics to think about. However, it is also vital that you make the small but necessary adjustments to your life insurance, income protection insurance and trauma cover policies around the time of purchase, rather than waiting for something to happen to you. Today we check out how you can modify life insurance, income protection insurance and trauma cover policies if you've just bought a new house.

House purchase and term life insurance

Many life insurance policies allow you to increase your benefit amount when certain circumstances occur, without undergoing a new application or underwriting. This means that if you've bought a new house, you can increase your payout to cover the cost of the home without worrying that you may need to go through the entire application process again. Most insurance companies call this future insurability.I Recently Bought a New House. What Happens Under Life Insurance, Trauma Cover or Income Protection Policies?

House purchase and income protection insurance

A new house means new expenses ... and that means that if you have income protection insurance, you'll want to maximize your benefit amount and minimize your waiting period to help stabilise your finances if you get sick. Look carefully at your expenses, your spouse's income and your savings and then think about:

Reducing your waiting period for benefits to the minimum 14 or 30 days

Switching to an agreed value rather than indemnity value policy. With an agreed value policy, you have the security of knowing your exact payout amount. With an indemnity value policy, if you get injured while on leave or between jobs, your payout will be reduced to 75% of your last 12 months earnings.

Increasing the benefit period to ensure that your protection will cover you for the long term if you are off work for a sustained period.

House purchase and trauma cover

If you have a trauma cover policy, check with your insurer whether you can increase your payout amount to cover the increased loan amount created by your new mortgage.

House purchase - considering mortgage protection insurance

Mortgage protection insurance is specifically linked to your house repayments - and compared to life, income protection or trauma insurance, it allows you to maintain your former budget largely unchanged. Rather than increasing your life insurance, income protection or trauma insurance, it makes sense to simply cover your extra debt with a specific form of extra insurance!
Avoid Delays In Escrow Closing By Obtaining The Right Home Insurance In MI My Cheap Home Insurance Tips Why Buying Home Insurance Is a Smart Move? Moving to Israel? Useful Information Regarding Cars – Tax Benefits, Maintenance & Insurance (Part I) How Waterproofing Your Basement Can Save You Big Money on Your Homeowner's Insurance Home Owners Insurance Quotes Steps to Lower Your Homeowners Insurance Home Insurance reviews and Tips Mortgage and Rent Repayment Insurance (Protecting your home and family) After fire or water destroys your home or business, Should you Fight or Dance with the Insurance Company Adjuster? Lenders Mortgage Insurance for Refund Home Loans The Most Affordable Homeowners' Insurance in New Jersey The Importance Of Homeowners Insurance NJ
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(54.196.52.45) / Processed in 0.012865 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 2862, 958,