Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Hybrid Auto-how To Build Your Own And Save Money
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Hybrid Auto-how To Build Your Own And Save Money

I read an article this morning on the 2010 Chevrolet Silverado Hybrid truck thats

being offered now and being that this is the highest rated truck, (according to U S News), this is going to be a very popular purchase in the next year.

I like reading reviews of different vehicles, figuring that if I ever win the lottery Ill be prepared!

I like trucks, so I read a number of reviews, and really couldn't find a bad one. Of course, the other full size, like the Ford and Dodge ram, they all came very highly rated too, so when I win the jackpot, Ill get a couple.

After reading the article, a light bulb went off in my head. The numbers were not adding up. So I sat down, put pen to paper, this is what I came up with. Im just going to focus on the difference in between the Hybrid, and the Standard vehicle.

This is what I learned:

The Hybrid vehicle is rated by the EPA to get 21 Miles per gallon and 22 on the Highway and the Standard Truck gets 14 in the city, and 19 on the highway.

Now you and I know that the normal driver won't get that, but that really doesn't matter, because I want to compare apples to apples. Is the extra gas mileage you getting with the Hybrid worth it?

Now the Hybrid has a 300 volt battery system that automatically shuts itself on and off. The gas motor kicks in when you get about 30 miles an hour or so. The Hybrid also has the feature that when youre cruising at highway speeds, the hybrid will run on four cylinders, instead of eight.

Let's say that gas is 3 dollars a gallon, and going with the city mileage, as the hybrid excels there. That means that the Hybrid would get 545 miles per tank while the Standard truck would get 360 miles per tank. You would get an extra 185 miles per tank. You would pay an extra 39 dollars per tank at 3 dollars per gallon.

If you tank up once every two weeks, that would save you 85 dollars a month in gas, or just over 1,000 a year.

So the hybrid will save you money on your fuel, but is that a true savings.

Afraid not. The purchase price on the Hybrid is just over 36000, as a similar vehicle but not a hybrid is 18500. If you finance it, the monthly payment would be 692, versus 346 on the regular Silverado. You would pay an extra 346 dollars a MONTH!!! to save 85 a month!

Gas Prices would have to go over 10 dollars a gallon to break even, so the true savings would be in gas in the twelve to fifteen dollar a gallon range. Now this is not Ford's or Chevrolet's doing. The Federal Government has mandated that full size trucks now must fall under minimum mile per gallon guidelines. So right now, we have a choice, but in a couple of years, we'll be forced to pay more for less.

I hear you; you're saying I want both! I want to pay the lower price AND get good gas mileage. What are my choices?

If it be me, I'd go with the normal truck, and modify it for higher gas mileage. I would even go one better. Find a car or truck thats a year or two old, that way you wont have the massive depreciation on a new car purchase.

In doing my research I found a quiet industry in the Hydrogen Generators. Now there's a lot of information out there, both from believers and skeptics. Not only did I find out that this device does work, but that there's been people running this device for over five years with no ill effect.

Now this system works, and I also know that there's a lot of rumors out there about devices that work and those that don't.

There are clubs that have been established to help their members fine tune and tweak their devices.

I have a free offer for you. Check out this site, and if you like the concept, but also want check into it further, no problem. Just let me know, and Ill send you the link where you can sign in free and read all of the comments and discussions on this device.

by: Cajunwriter55
Verify Out Motor Insurance coverage Brokers For The Least expensive Offers On Automotive Insurance The Right Treatment For Injuries Physical Therapy In Dallas A Good Option For Patients With Injuries On the net Automotive Insurance Quotes-get The Advantages Of Them Make Sure You Understand Your Automobile Insurance Quote Yamaha Atv Dealers Set The Prime Example For Slow Auto Industry Low Cost auto Insurance For Young Drivers - Save a Packet on Your Insurance Low Cost auto Insurance - Slash the Cost of Your auto Insurance now Is Your Auto Insurance Up For Renewal? - Get Cheaper Auto Insurance Now Manufacturing Autoclaves The Many Positives Of The Garmin Auto Gps Features of Callaway Diablo Edge hybrids Construction Injuries
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.142.250.114) / Processed in 0.013667 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 38 , 4070, 952,